Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  17
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Things i don't like about my 2017 ram 1500

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Mine also has large tank. To avoid gas pump shock, tend to only run down to approx 1/2 tank before filling.
    There is no way for me to avoid gas pump shock, my truck is 5.5 months old and I have about 30,000 km on it, I get shocked about twice a week sometimes.

Lotz of driving.

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by N89 View Post
    Since the last time i reset it, not sure when.
    Good, that's what I was looking for. So in your routine driving of the truck, you avg about 14.2L/100km.

That overall, longer term average is what people should be comparing, imo, if they wish to make any comparisons at all. And obviously that average will be dependent upon your driving style, terrain, wheel/tire combo, city/hwy, etc.

I've been off for the last 5 days. My economy has gone down because I've been driving more around town as opposed to my regular highway commute. It normally reads 13.2 or slightly lower. It's now at 13.3L/100. I haven't reset this for about 1 month.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Good, that's what I was looking for. So in your routine driving of the truck, you avg about 14.2L/100km.

That overall, longer term average is what people should be comparing, imo, if they wish to make any comparisons at all. And obviously that average will be dependent upon your driving style, terrain, wheel/tire combo, city/hwy, etc.

I've been off for the last 5 days. My economy has gone down because I've been driving more around town as opposed to my regular highway commute. It normally reads 13.2 or slightly lower. It's now at 13.3L/100. I haven't reset this for about 1 month.

13.2 is really good compared to mine, most of my driving is Hwy but i do drive the truck hard most of the time. I think I could get close to your mpa if I took it easy

^^^I don't think resetting your fuel mileage counter each time you fill up or once a month should have any effect on your trucks overall fuel mileage...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by N89 View Post
    13.2 is really good compared to mine, most of my driving is Hwy but i do drive the truck hard most of the time. I think I could get close to your mpa if I took it easy
    I don't hypermile (ask some of the guys here, I used to like to see how far I could go on a tank based on my driving habits), but I don't drive too hard either. I'm fairly easy off the lights and do about 20 over in the 80 and 100 limits. I generally stick to the limit around town tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    ^^^I don't think resetting your fuel mileage counter each time you fill up or once a month should have any effect on your trucks overall fuel mileage...
    If you're filling up every two weeks, maybe no. But if you're filling up once a week, the end average after that one week might not completely reflect your driving habits or commuting routine. Like, if I were to have just worked all this past week and done all my driving on the highway, my avg would quite likely be a few points lower. But mix in days off, days on, some highway and some city, it would be a more accurate reflection of my actual real world fuel economy.

The supercab 4x4 2.7L Turbo F150 I had just over a year ago did high 11's, low 12's on avg. It was peppy as hell too when I put my foot into it. That was a great motor.

^ I just mean, say you drive for a month straight and filled up 5 times and you didn't reset and you ended up with 13/100

take that exact same month and you reset the calculator everytime you fueled up, your still going to end up with 13/100

Resetting the counter had nothing to do with your driving habits or what mileage the vehicle got...does this make sense, or only in my head?

and I get really good fuel mileage but I also drive like a little bitch most of the time LMAO

Although I will say, it's fun to open the taps getting on the hwy sometimes...I'm impressed with how fast these trucks actually are!!

What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    ^ I just mean, say you drive for a month straight and filled up 5 times and you didn't reset and you ended up with 13/100

take that exact same month and you reset the calculator everytime you fueled up, your still going to end up with 13/100

Resetting the counter had nothing to do with your driving habits or what mileage the vehicle got...does this make sense, or only in my head?
    I don't know. My head hurts. You Dodge guys...

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    I don't know. My head hurts. You Dodge guys...
    GR's complicated way of saying: the number on the dash is irrelevant.

IMO, the only relevant measure of a vehicle's mileage is highway on a long trip. City or mixed driving is WAY to dependent on multiple factors that will affect mileage.
    -Don____________