Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  17
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Things i don't like about my 2017 ram 1500

^ On the same page Don.

55 HD
    Thanks Rick & Don.........now I can say in my 2015 Dodge Ram 5.7 regular cab short box I often travel the HWY getting 10.4 per 100

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    GR's complicated way of saying: the number on the dash is irrelevant.

IMO, the only relevant measure of a vehicle's mileage is highway on a long trip. City or mixed driving is WAY to dependent on multiple factors that will affect mileage.
    If the avg economy number stays relatively stable, of course it’s relevant. That’s your avg. The number you can achieve on the hwy under the best possible conditions is the one that’s irrelevant because it’s not a reflection of your real world fuel consumption. Might as well just use the EPA highway figures then.

I was just saying that no matter how frequent you reset your button, once a year, or once a minute, it has no effect on your overall average over time...unless your reset button adds or takes away weight in your truck lol

I think Don is saying that it can depend on something like where you live

Guy one says he gets shit fuel mileage but he lives in an area with a million stop lights, lots of traffic and no Taco Bell

Guy two lives near the hwy and in an area where is small town as 2 sets of stop lights and does have a Taco Bell

Sometimes it's not comparing apples to apples kinda thing...

What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post

I think Don is saying that it can depend on something like where you live

Guy one says he gets shit fuel mileage but he lives in an area with a million stop lights, lots of traffic and no Taco Bell

Guy two lives near the hwy and in an area where is small town as 2 sets of stop lights and does have a Taco Bell

Sometimes it's not comparing apples to apples kinda thing...
    This I agree with. And that's why I tried to characterize my driving habits and mentioned that there are several factors at play incl tire/wheel combo, terrain, weather conditions, etc. And that's also why if people are trying to maximize their fuel economy, they should try to control the only thing they really can, which would be driving style/habits.

But I still stand by that the AVG display is the one that counts because you're not filling up based on a 10.whatever figure that you happen to see on the highway one day. You're filling up on your AVG or 'combined'. And this is why the EPA includes the combined figure in their estimates. It's far more realistic.

Only thinks I hate about my Ram are the goddamn sunroof rattles no one can seem to fix, the hot garbage stock tires that come on it, and the fact the leather quality is ehhhhh and my 16 seats with 18k kms on them are already showing more wear than I'd like at this point.

When I was test driving trucks I hated the ride of the aluminum F-series trucks, loved how smooth the Ram 1500 was, is your concerns related to the leveling kit perhaps? I know a lot of people with the 13+ trucks are saying they get a lot more firm once you put a spacer puck in them. I have bilsteins on my workbench to go in the new truck but am honestly considering going full retard and ordering an 18 Power Wagon in White.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

^^^I have no rattles with my sunroof, however that being said, I rarely use to be honest, so maybe whatever rattles hasn't loosened up yet...

and I have no issues with the stock tires, however I've been told it's cause the upgraded rear end and the wider wheel base of the longer truck that helps?

What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Never seen a rattle with the sunroofs, nor have I had issues with the tires. The stock wranglers seem to be good for 40-60k, which is pretty good for a truck imo. If there's a problem, and the truck is under warranty, it should be fixed free of charge, period. Maybe you should try a different dealer (not saying I want to tackle it, lol).

I also read so many outright bashing the stock tires n removing immediately after purchase, have driven in some pretty shitty weather and while they aren't a super premium tire, not so bad for stock.

Thinking some feeling stock tires are worse vs what they really are is because unlike GM, they are not aggressive in their off the line torque management. Add to that the Hemi makes big torque down low, easy to mistake poor tires for poor right foot control. I was a bit surprised Limited slip / posi is not a super common option in Ram trucks. Got spoiled with my last GM having an Eaton trutrack as part of the All Terrain option. While it worked fantastic, they did not properly address excessive axle end play which saw a fair bit of clunking in the rear at slow speeds either turning or uneven pavement.
    While the Hemi has always made good h/p n torque it was not until this gen truck where Ram was able to achieve equally as impressive fuel mileage. No doubt 8spd is a big part of it.
    While I did physically look at trucks from each of the big three, after driving my brothers 14 and riding in Dave's truck I was pretty much sold on a Ram. As a hard die GM truck guy virtually forever, speaks volumes.
    Thats not to mean the others aren't good rides, just not the ride for me.