Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  17
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Things i don't like about my 2017 ram 1500

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ^When you have 1 ton of shizzle in the bed that’s doesn’t mean the truck is lowered.

Quote Originally Posted by N89 View Post
    Happy to say the oil smell is gone.
    To raise the truck i used a 2" front leveling kit, similar to this.
    $_57.jpg
    Those kits are hard on upper ball joints and front halfshafts, the increased height changes the working angle of the suspension, you will not get warranty on axle shafts or suspension parts with a leveling kit installed.....ask me how I know. Good call on removing them, just make sure to get an alignment after.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    ^When you have 1 ton of shizzle in the bed that’s doesn’t mean the truck is lowered.
    I had drop shackles/spring in the 2006....
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

I love my Ram, I love my truck, I drive it everywhere, I have more fun that anyone just driving here and there..................someone should make that into a jingle, bet it would catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    I love my Ram, I love my truck, I drive it everywhere, I have more fun that anyone just driving here and there..................someone should make that into a jingle, bet it would catch on.
    Lol.

So just to throw in a GMC to the mileage mix.
    2016 GMC Sierra All Terrain 4x4 ext cab 6' box, 5.3v8, 6spd, 3.08 rear end,
    40,000km
    Average since new 17.5L/ 100km ( I do tow 5500 lb cargo trailer on regular basis)
    Best 100km average 10.2L/ 100km
    This week my 100km average 30.2L/ 100km ( it hates towing on the hwy 401 with these gears) yes 105km/hr

Love the truck overall
    Hate the gear ratio, I should have made sure I bought with 3.73 not 3.08
    Hate the condition of my white painted front bumper after one year, I should have wrapped in clear

Hard to imagine they even offer that gear in anything beyond a 2wd half ton. Buddy ran into same issue in his previous Sierra when he assumed tow package meant rear end gear to match. Based on how well my 2011 Sierra (342) would out tow vs my '03 with 373's, it's not always about the ratio but instead how much low / mid torque your engine makes. My current Ram with 321 will out tow the '11 by a substantial margin while using dramatically less fuel. Doesn't make my previous truck a dud, just new one does what I need better.

I hear ya. I'm just going by the difference between my 13 with 5.3 and my 16 with 5.3, both had the 6spd.
    Very close to the same truck only difference was gear.
    Don't get me wrong it's great with the trailer in town, and it's incredible with out the trailer.
    But the trailer over 90km hr is like a big ass parachute. The trailer is a tandem axle 14' 7wide 7tall weighing in at 5000lbs average day.
    My average in overall ownership is very close to my 2013. Better when not towing but pretty crappy when you have to tow distance.

That is a good chunk of wt that only feels heavier because of the big frontal area n drag.

Tire monitor showing issue with front PSI.
    Going above what the door sticker suggests / what worked fine in the warmer weather, has the light back off but annoying I need to run more air vs what I'd like / spec shows to keep light out in the cooler weather.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Tire monitor showing issue with front PSI.
    Going above what the door sticker suggests / what worked fine in the warmer weather, has the light back off but annoying I need to run more air vs what I'd like / spec shows to keep light out in the cooler weather.
    No issues here yet, but had problems with front sensors giving warning during cold weather....and nothing was in the way.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"