Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Want to replace shocks and struts

Is there any other way?

+ set of these from Steeda of course.

I agree with everything stated here lol....BUT if budget is a serious concern and it's not going to be lowered and you just want to replace 20 year old stuff KYB's are OEM or better quality and very reasonable. Check A&A Autoparts in Hamilton, cheapest place you'll find them.

^^^this is what I was getting at.

If just replacing the old worn out shocks and struts, a quality set of KYB's will perform well on an otherwise stock Mustang. No need to go full retard.
    -Don____________

Lots of good suggestions

fwiw I have a pair of like new Koni STR-T shocks for sale

Pm me If you're interested

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    ....and so it begins.
    Came in for shocks and struts ....left with the MM catalogue.
    Story of my life right here
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    ^^^this is what I was getting at.

If just replacing the old worn out shocks and struts, a quality set of KYB's will perform well on an otherwise stock Mustang. No need to go full retard.
    While your doing them, you may want to consider some cheap upgrades like Energy suspension Sway bar bushings and end links.......cheap and effective. Another cheap improvement would be Energy suspension steering rack bushings NON OFFSET. They help with steering feel alot. Some complain of vibration at low speed with them but I have had no issues. Maximum Motorsports makes solid ones which are the best, and still not expensive but a little more work to install. Lastly, consider a cheap replacement rag joint for the steering shaft. If everything on your car is basically original, these basic items will definitely be noticeable and not break the bank. After that i'd look at replacing all of your rear control arm and diff bushings with stock style rubber stuff. Cheap to buy as well, but a bitch (so ive heard) to replace. I'd say you could make the car night and day for $500 in parts depending on how worn out your current parts are, but at over 20 years old I suspect they have some wear
    Last edited by Slick_89_Hatch; 11-08-2017 at 12:58 PM. Reason: spelling

No secret I was once a fan of KYB's as a more affordable option but can't say I was anywhere close to impressed with last couple sets we installed.

riverman
    Wow, lots of good advise from everone, and thanks for all the information. I'll have to sit down and do some more research on all of the different parts everybody gave me. Thanks

We may have gone just ever so slightly beyond your only asking about struts n shocks.