Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Roy Halladay (Toronto Blue Jays Pitcher)

RIP Roy Halladay (Toronto Blue Jays Pitcher)

Too bad, one of the best pitchers to grace the MLB and the Blue Jays were lucky enough to have him for a number of years...

Roy could have went on to pitcher many more years that he did...but decided to quit baseball to spend time with his kids so that he could still play ball with them and do activities why he was still young vs. damage his body playing baseball as long as he could

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Post R.I.P. Roy Halladay

Former Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Roy Halladay is dead after his plane crashed into shallow waters off the coast of Florida on Tuesday, officials with the Pasco Sheriff's Office confirm.
    Halladay's ICON A5 light sport aircraft crashed into the Gulf of Mexico about 10 miles west of St. Petersburg at around noon.
    According to the Pasco Sheriff's Office, there were no mayday calls sent out prior to the crash.
    PHOTOS

Roy Halladay is shown in a screen capture from a short video released by Icon Aircraft when he took possession of his plane. (YouTube)

Toronto Blue Jays starting pitcher Roy Halladay throws against the Seattle Mariners during first inning AL baseball game action in Toronto September 25, 2009. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Fred Thornhill

A plane belonging to former Toronto Blue Jays player Roy Halladay is pictured in this photo from his Twitter account. (@RoyHalladay /Twitter)

Two-time Cy Young Award winner Roy Halladay answers questions after announcing his retirement after 16 seasons in the major leagues with Toronto and Philadelphia at the MLB winter meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., Monday, Dec. 9, 2013.(AP Photo/John Raoux)

Former Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Roy Halladay speaks during the induction ceremony at the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame in St. Mary's, Ontario, Saturday, June 24, 2017. THE CANADIAN PRESS/ Geoff Robins

Halladay, 40, was the only occupant of the plane.
    “Many know Roy as a Cy Young winner and future hall of famer but we know Roy as a person, as a caring husband who loved his wife Brandy and loved his two boys. When he spoke of his family he spoke with pride and to Brandy and the boys and the entire family we are so sad for your loss,” Sheriff Chris Nocco told reporters. “We know how much he meant to you and we know how much you meant to him.”

Roy Halliday has passed away from a plane crash.

Story is from MLB.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/260880432/roy-halladay-dies-in-plane-crash/?topicId=27118122

TORONTO -- The baseball community has lost one of its all-time greats far too soon. Longtime Blue Jays and Phillies star Roy Halladay passed away at the age of 40 following a tragic plane crash in Central Florida on Tuesday afternoon.
    According to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office, Halladay's ICON A5 light sport aircraft crashed into the Gulf of Mexico at approximately noon ET. Halladay was an avid pilot who frequently talked about his love of flying and recently posted images and video of his aircraft to social media.

"All of us at baseball are shocked and deeply saddened by the tragic passing of former Toronto Blue Jays and Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Roy Halladay," said Commissioner Rob Manfred. "A well-respected figure throughout the game, Roy was a fierce competitor during his 16-year career, which included eight All-Star selections, two Cy Young Awards, a perfect game and a postseason no-hitter.
    "On behalf of Major League Baseball, I extend my deepest condolences to his family, including his wife, Brandy, and two sons, Ryan and Braden, his friends and countless fans, as well as the Blue Jays and Phillies organizations."
    The plane crash happened 10 miles west of St. Petersburg, Fla. Halladay lived in nearby Clearwater and is survived by his wife Brandy and their two sons. The Pasco Sheriff's Office confirmed that Halladay was the lone passenger of the aircraft and that no mayday call was received prior to the accident. An investigation is underway to determine the cause of the crash.
    "I know there are people in his family that fly," Pasco Sheriff Chris Nocco said during a news conference on Tuesday afternoon. "That's where he got it from. He loved to fly. He talked about flying. He talked about refurbishing planes. He grew up doing it. He talked about baseball and they talked about flying."

Halladay will be remembered as a top pitcher from his era and one of the best starters to wear a Blue Jays uniform, and a key member of some of the best rotations in Phillies history. He was a two-time Cy Young Award winner, eight-time All-Star, has a perfect game on his resume and also tossed a no-hitter during his postseason debut with the Phillies on Oct. 6, 2010.

More on the story can be found on MLB from the above link.

I merged the three threads together.

One of the best lines quoted from Gregg Zaun this afternoon

Roy Halladay

"He could tell you what pitch he was going to throw you and he'd still get you out!!"

Perfect!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

WTF
    that's terrible news

only 40 years old

RIP

R.I.P.

Roushcharged
    Sad day.... He was a great player and an even greater person. R.I.P

RIP

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!