Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  23
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stock sway bars vs Afternerket sway bars

Thanks for the link. Looking at the lengths I thought there would be a larger difference between the stock length, and the short length.

Had a chance to check the sway bar position today while under load. I definitely need the 4 1/4 length end links. The sway bar is sitting at a good angle with my GT’s current ride height. I also noticed that the bushings to the chassis are showing cracks, so that will be on the order as well. So this will be the starting point, and I hope will be the fix. The more I think about , and see what is going on with the sway bar, the end link lengths do play a good part in how the car can handle. Something that can be overlooked by many, probably the reason that most like myself look towards the sway bars first. So I’m glad I brought this subject up. So thank you guys. Been a big help.
    Wished I got into this sooner, and didn’t wait now that the GT is parked for the season. lol.

Fresh mod for next year is all.

A little update. Picked up the energy suspension sway bar bushings, and endlinks. Got everything installed, but no test drive yet. Roads are still to dusty for my liking. Doing the proper length endlinks had gained me another half to one finger digit space above the front tires, so that’s a plus considering how low the front sat for the last 14 years lol. So it goes to show how the body to sway bar to endlinks to lower control arms interact with each other. With the proper length endlinks, the sway bar is no longer “pulling” down on the chassis so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    One half of me is saying: "Thanks Brad! Great link! (no pun intended)"
    Other half of me is saying: "Thanks Brad. Great, another MM part i need to order. And that's a terrible pun."
    I'll have to order a set as well.
    I have Energy Suspension ones, that are the same specs except the length is 6" instead of the 5 3/8" length of the MM ones.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

I guess I'll find out the benefit of these once I dial in my ride height...

IMG_20171213_141113_03.jpg

Well I got the gt out this morning for the first quick ride for the season. What a difference in replacing the endlinks with the proper length ones. The front now has very little body roll/nose dive going threw those sharp corners. Not sure if the bushings to the chassis had made any difference, but I’m sure it helps. Next step is a bumpsteer kit, and poly bushings for the control arms. Part of my quest in improving my gt further.

Thanks for the info guys. Saved me a tone of money from getting sway bars.