Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stock sway bars vs Afternerket sway bars

That’s what I figured.... you get the “cost saving” in the prices for a reason. You pay for what you get! I’ll do a little more digging on the pros, cons, and specs on the Steeda, and Eibach bars.

Interested to hear what you find.

I have also been considering some bars and will Likely try the eibachs

On my 91 Fox, I just recently matched the Eibach Pro-KIt springs with some Eibach sway bars and found a noticeable improvement, flatter still on turns.
    Already had Bilstein shocks, Ford Racing front control arms, upper rear arms, Maximum motorsports - lower control arms, panhard bar, 4 point K-member brace, and Sub-frame connectors.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

So far I’m starting to sway.... no pun intended lol.... towards the Eibach sway bar kit. Lots of positive things about them. Zero negative. Plus during my search, I came across Maximum Motorsports site, guess what they carry in their inventory, and support, Eibach. So that’s a plus considering my GT has Eibach, and Maximum Motorsports suspension parts. So that would be the ideal marriage to keep together.
    With Steeda there was positive, but one negative due to a cracked/broken rear sway bar.... but that is only one!
    They both run tubular fronts, and solid rears. The sizing for both is 35mm front, and 25mm rear.
    So far from reading here in this thread, Eibach so far gets the main preferred choice.

I really thought that most Fox/SN95 platform stangs suffer from understeer and using a larger sway bar upfront is going to make that worse. From what i've been reading if you're going with fairly stiff springs then you want to go to a smaller sway bar to correct a bit of that understeer. Examples from Ford are the 93 Cobra and the 95 Cobra R which both used both used smaller sway bars upfront than the GT's. Larger sway bars may also cause a decrease in ride quality as they would decrease the amount of movement in the front lower control arms while going over small bumps etc. Unless the Eibach and/or Steeda are larger in diameter but softer which would decrease weight and allow for less understeer.

Also don't forget endlinks, I am finally putting in shorter ones in over the winter when I take my sway bar out to blast and paint it. Might change to a 4cyl sway bar like they did on the 93 Cobra. I run 275lb 10" coilovers upfront so they are plenty stiff for how I drive the car.

A good chunk of what a person might select for a street ride is what feels good to them. While it may not necessarily be the hottest set up for the race track, we can't push anywhere close to that on the street so what feels best is just fine for their application. Same can be said about ride height, much of the ground scraping killer street ride look set ups under perform at the track. Loved the look of my own lower, just didn't work well at track days so up it went.
    On Brians Fox, honestly expected larger bars would have upset the balance, feel n ride on the street, car feels awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    Also don't forget endlinks, I am finally putting in shorter ones in over the winter when I take my sway bar out to blast and paint it.
    I'm running stock sway bars front and rear. I found having the correct length end links made a big difference. Maximum Motorsports have the correct length spec based on ride height on their website.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    I'm running stock sway bars front and rear. I found having the correct length end links made a big difference. Maximum Motorsports have the correct length spec based on ride height on their website.
    I just got a set, they are actually stock rear sway bar links from a Dodge Neon SRT-4 lol.

- - - Updated - - -

In what way did you notice the difference with the end links? Just curious as to what I may be able to expect.