Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  23
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stock sway bars vs Afternerket sway bars

On my own with correct length links, felt like I'd just installed a slightly larger bar. No not a huge difference but enough to notice.

Worth noting, Brads Fox is always one of the fastest / smoothest looking rides out there in the twisties. Certainly doesn't hurt he's one hell of a wheel man. Gonna be a piss off when he gets more power.

In the same breath (long winded one I guess) Dave is also uber fast n smooth at the track, his is sporting aftermarket sway bar (don't recall if front and back or just front), maybe he'll chime in. Car also has very good street manners.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    In what way did you notice the difference with the end links? Just curious as to what I may be able to expect.
    As Rick stated, felt like it was a stiffer sway bar. I cut my stock length links down. Cut the spacer to MM's spec and put the extra length on the other side of the sway bar.
    My car shows how good MM's stuff is and makes me look good.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    Also don't forget endlinks, I am finally putting in shorter ones in over the winter when I take my sway bar out to blast and paint it. Might change to a 4cyl sway bar like they did on the 93 Cobra. I run 275lb 10" coilovers upfront so they are plenty stiff for how I drive the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    I'm running stock sway bars front and rear. I found having the correct length end links made a big difference. Maximum Motorsports have the correct length spec based on ride height on their website.
    Been catching that too. Might be the first thing to try before spending a good chunk of coin on sway bars. It’s one area that might be over looked. I would’ve never even thought of it if I didn’t start researching. It makes perfect sense.... When dropping the ride height the front sway bar does change its angle when the stock length end links are still present, and by the sounds of it, it wouldn’t perform as it should properly.
    So.... my first move then is to get a proper measurement with the suspension under load in relation to the sway bar’s position.
    Got to say it’s great talking about tech stuff again. Been a long time for me!

Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

^ Best of all, super cheap mod.

Did I forget to add this to my list?...

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    ^ Best of all, super cheap mod.

I swapped the sway bars front and rear to Steeda pieces when I did the suspension on my 88GT years ago and enjoyed the upgrades.

I've since changed everything up BUT when I installed the UPR K-Member I made sure to have sway bar brackets in place so that I could bolt it back on for street driving and remove it for the drags.
    It really does suck street driving it without one on my car. I quickly get reminded how bad it is without one every time I get on the hwy or exit off it.

One half of me is saying: "Thanks Brad! Great link! (no pun intended)"
    Other half of me is saying: "Thanks Brad. Great, another MM part i need to order. And that's a terrible pun."
    -Don____________