Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cold start issues

Cold start issues

Hey gents:
    Here is the issue I've been having ever since my supercharger install.
    If the temp is below 40 degrees or so. The car is very hard to start. Usually very very rich.
    Cold drive away is usually very, stuttery, that is the only word I can describe it, almost as if it is pulling timing like crazy.The car has been re-tuned many times to try to correct this. It is better than it used to be but still not great. Once it is warmed up it runs absolutely awesome.
    Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?
    It is driving me mad and I'm almost ready to rip out the blower and go back to stock as this has been going on for almost a year.. The car is an 05 auto. Roush TVS supercharger if that helps. If more info is needed let me know.

Thanks
    EL storcho
    2005 HP White GT - Red Leather Interior -Shaker 1000 - FR-500-S Axle Backs -Roush TVS 2300 Supercharged - GT500 Fuel pumps, GT500 TB, GT 500 Pedal covers, Aeroforce Dual Gauges, Performance Automatic 5r55S with hardened input shaft, , Dynotech one piece aluminum D/S
    FR3 Handling Pack and CHE LCA's and relocation brackets. 462 RWHP 443TQ

I had similar issues with my previous supercharger setup. Cold start was fine, but cold drive away it would buck and stutter like it would lose power and then catch itself. In the end, a new tune using Cobra 39# injectors solved the issue for me. Previous injectors were some no name 45#'s.
    ~Scott B

+1 on the above
    Difference in Scott's car with correct injectors + retune was night and day.

Who did the re-tune if I may ask? I have what I'm assuming are Ford 47# injectors. Was part of the kit.
    2005 HP White GT - Red Leather Interior -Shaker 1000 - FR-500-S Axle Backs -Roush TVS 2300 Supercharged - GT500 Fuel pumps, GT500 TB, GT 500 Pedal covers, Aeroforce Dual Gauges, Performance Automatic 5r55S with hardened input shaft, , Dynotech one piece aluminum D/S

Diago did my tune. I'd talk to a tuner, find out if you can use more popular injectors. The issue I had was trying to tune around the 45's and it just wouldn't work. After the 39's and re tune, it drove like stock.
    ~Scott B

Kit shows as coming with 52 lb injectors. Possible your tuner did not dial in the correct ones? Well worth checking further before chasing the issue further.

What plugs and at what gap are you running?

HT0's and .28 gap If I remember correctly.
    I'm almost sure that they are Ford Racing 47# injectors.

Similar misinformation when I installed Scott's Whipple. Instructions called it one size while online spec said another.

Assume new intake gaskets?

With the correct parts and correct tuning, should have stock type drive-ability.