Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cold start issues

Finally got the car back from the shop, everything seems to be in order. trans shifts smoothly, no vibration from the drive shaft, Put about 250kms on the car, passed the e-test with the evap system not ready but that is okay. Came out of the MTO, car was still warm, threw a P-0174 too lean bank 2 code. Thankfully it did it after the e-test, ccould this be from a loose O2?
    Thanks
    2005 HP White GT - Red Leather Interior -Shaker 1000 - FR-500-S Axle Backs -Roush TVS 2300 Supercharged - GT500 Fuel pumps, GT500 TB, GT 500 Pedal covers, Aeroforce Dual Gauges, Performance Automatic 5r55S with hardened input shaft, , Dynotech one piece aluminum D/S
    FR3 Handling Pack and CHE LCA's and relocation brackets. 462 RWHP 443TQ

Went under the car, everything was in order. Cleared the codes going to see if it throws more. Driveshaft looks like a good solid piece.
    2005 HP White GT - Red Leather Interior -Shaker 1000 - FR-500-S Axle Backs -Roush TVS 2300 Supercharged - GT500 Fuel pumps, GT500 TB, GT 500 Pedal covers, Aeroforce Dual Gauges, Performance Automatic 5r55S with hardened input shaft, , Dynotech one piece aluminum D/S

Revising an old thread.
    I finally had the car retuned from scratch. Couldn't be happier, the car is very driveable. seems like the original tune was very suspect.
    Thanks to all those involved, for steering me in the right direction. Now I can actually drive the car and not worry about it.

Rob

Awesome news, hope your enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Awesome news, hope your enjoying it.
    X2. Congrats!

Almost forgot, thanks for the last post. Always cool to hear how things work out in the end.

Glad to hear the car is dialled in. I'm hijacking a bit on the injector info. I'm a little confused about the whole rating thing. I understand that GT500 injectors are the 52lb Bosch injectors yet I hear them referred to as 47's. The difference being fuel pressure. I read at 43.5 lbs of fuel pressure they are 52 lbs, more at higher pressure and less at lower pressure. At the typical mustang system pressure they are 47. Sound right? If it is, what do you tell your tuner, 47 or 52

The injectors that were supplied with the kit were the Delphi 52# injectors. I always monitor my fuel psi and it sits right between 40 to 43.5 psi. I told him that they were the 52# ones he said most guys use the 60's but he was happy with them. I did not run out of fuel on the top end on the dyno so they were plenty big enough.
    Hope this helps.

On another note I still have to cold start/drive the car, but I'm confident that it should be A-Okay. will keep everyone updated.

Rob