Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't decide which to get...

AK

Can't decide which to get...

Ive been looking into mustangs for awhile now and I was looking around the 16k-23k range...the only ones that caught my eye rn is a 2017 v6 5k kms for 22.8k and a 2012 gt 45k kms for 22k.... I really like the newer face lifts on the 2017s but idk if I want a v6... any opinions or advices cuz I'm borderline and can't decide on it..

P.s I currently own a 2012 jaguar xf 5.0 v8, 50/50 with my brother...but I want my own car now.

Mustang Occasionally
    2012 GT.

AK
    Give me some pros and cons or some reasoning behind it at least lol @armen

Mustang Occasionally
    Coyote is one of the best V8's ever made. Lots of power totally stock and wads more available with simple bolt-ons. The sound with an exhaust is amazing. It will put a grin on your face every time you drive it. Guaranteed.

Nothing wrong with the V6. Makes the power of a V8 from just 7 years ago (4.6L v8). But it won't have the sound or the performance of the Coyote.

Get the V8.

AK
    Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Coyote is one of the best V8's ever made. Lots of power totally stock and wads more available with simple bolt-ons. The sound with an exhaust is amazing. It will put a grin on your face every time you drive it. Guaranteed.

Nothing wrong with the V6. Makes the power of a V8 from just 7 years ago (4.6L v8). But it won't have the sound or the performance of the Coyote.

Get the V8.
    Which one do you think is the better deal.... personally I'm not a big fan of the convertible look...but Idk if the modded one is worth it and I heard buying premodded cars is a red flag

$22.5k 45k kms convertible.....
    Mods
    Borla exhaust

22k 88k kms fastback
    Mods
    Upgraded stainless steel clutch line
    Steeda intake
    Bbk x pipe
    Roush axle back
    Bama tuner and custom tunes by Jon Lund
    Barton short throw shifter
    Stage 3 centre force clutch maybe 4000 km on it
    Hotchkiss sway bars
    Boss 302 springs
    Strut brace
    Jlt oil separator
    Led headlights
    American racing rims

Buying premodded is only a red flag if the mods look hacked up or the car has been so heavily modded that tracing or identifying issues is near impossible. Everything you mentioned above is bolt on or simple enough that it should really be of impact. That said some look at it that if the car has speed parts it's been driven harder but in all honesty that for you to judge based on owner and condition.

As for the other decision there are a myriad of factors to consider. A 2017 is going to have a warranty and is going to have more tech and features generally. If the car is a daily driver that you depend on, that warranty and tech will be more valuable than the performance and sound of an older V8. If the car is going to be used predominantly as a fun cruiser or track car, well that skews the decision to the v8.

So the question really becomes can you afford the maintenance and running costs of the older V8 car in addition to the purchase price, and is the trade off worth the price premium.

Personally I'd take the 2017 if the car was going to be my only source of transportation, and the 2012 if I already had my daily driver situation well sorted and was looking for fun over function.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

^Exactly that.

2012 GT without dought.For me its's not a true mustang unless it has a V8. Thats my opinion.I'm entitled to it,before someone goes after my neck for it. lol
    GHIG

To me, best one to get, the one that truly turns your crank n fills your needs. Yes regardless if it's the most popular with the masses or not.

2012 GT