Any electricians out there? I’m working in my basement right now and I have a couple of questions. I’m redoing two exterior walls because they are only 1.5 inches thick and I want to put thicker 2x4 walls in. One problem is that the main panel is right into the corner making it difficult to make the walls thicker. So I need the panel moved.
After looking at panel a couple of questions arose.
1. How many breakers does code allow me to put on a 100 amp panel. Searches online render American codes. I have 32 slots for d-lock panel.
2. What size breaker can you use with 8 awg wire. This wire is feeding a sub panel that powers ac and other small items. The current breaker however is only 15 amp. How the hell it hasn’t popped by now I don’t know. Need to get this swapped before a/c season is back.
3. I have two breakers ( I assume 220 because they are twice the width of a regular breaker) but they are labeled as split and power regular 115 volt outlets and lights. Is this setup a standard practice?

I’m in the process of relocating wires because some run below the joists where there was once a drop ceiling. The wires will now run through the joists as I will be putting in drywall right up to the joists. Since I’m in the process of moving them I’d like to know if I have to swap these double wide breakers for single slot breakers and rewire. A pain in the ass job because these wires eventually disappear up and into the wall so I’d rather not if this practice is acceptable.

At the end of the day I want what is safe and up to code.

Also was thinking of upgrading to 200 amp service so if there a company you guys know that is qualified and reliable and near Caledon East , let me know. Hydro one has already verified that their side of the
Meter is capable of 200.
Cheers,
Matthew