Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever feel like a idiot so you make your wife pick the car up from the mechanic?

Ever feel like a idiot so you make your wife pick the car up from the mechanic?

New truck has been flawless with the exception of the back up sensors sometimes going off even when nothing behind the truck. Cleaned the sensors. Checked the plugs.
    Sometimes it’s fine other times it beeps constantly. Driving me buggy especially being a brand new truck so since it was due for service I asked them to check it out.

Calls up a couple hours later. Trucks all ready. I said sweet. What was wrong with the back up sensor.

“Oh we took your trailer hitch out”

03svt
    One of those guys that leave your draw bar in all the time are ya? Take one to the shin and you won't do that anymore haha

Glad it was something simple.

It’s usually always in there. Don’t smack the shin. Grew up on a farm. Lol learned long ago to give a wide berth.
    it dosnt beep with my one hitch for the 2” ball. Seems to be only the one for the camper with the big ball
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 11-24-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Wtf? Sounds more like a design flaw to me than you being stupid. Who the hell designs sensor locations for a truck that will pick up a tow ball? I’ll say for sure that this never happens on a Ram.

Good to hear the fix was just that simple.

I'm guilty of leaving mine on all the time too. I tow the boat way to often to be taking it off every time.

I have no excuse for the winter
    '88 LX

Big trailer with a high tounge. Receiver in and it’s right in line with the beepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Wtf? Sounds more like a design flaw to me than you being stupid. Who the hell designs sensor locations for a truck that will pick up a tow ball? I’ll say for sure that this never happens on a Ram.
    Yes yes yes

that shouldn't set the sensors off. My guess is it was in there shop long enough for the sensors to thaw out and all was right again. Mine go off from time to time as well and I don't have a hitch connected. Just park it inside and boom they no longer go off.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Ram has not done it but previous GM would occasionally do it due to either wet from rain or frost, sometimes even just dirty.