Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black Gold, Texas Tea I think NOT! Ideas welcome?

Got one of the smaller version check valves in my hand, hole size / restriction it should ad, likely be able to do away with the pcv using one.

Promising results thus far, supercharged Fox, PCV removed and valve substituted (too much restriction with both in line, valve is now the PCV). Cars gone from pushing the dip stick out and spewing oil everywhere possible to none of the above plus zero oil in the line on opposite side valve cover breather hose (runs to intake hose on engine side of the MAF). Working like a rock star plus is 100% emissions legal. Same set up on a second Fox ready for some WOT testing once it sees a few more break in miles.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Promising results thus far, supercharged Fox, PCV removed and valve substituted (too much restriction with both in line, valve is now the PCV). Cars gone from pushing the dip stick out and spewing oil everywhere possible to none of the above plus zero oil in the line on opposite side valve cover breather hose (runs to intake hose on engine side of the MAF). Working like a rock star plus is 100% emissions legal. Same set up on a second Fox ready for some WOT testing once it sees a few more break in miles.
    Rick thanks for the update.

I did get the correct filter screen for my JLT separator. Free from JLT but I had to pay the freight.

I also picked up a Racetronic separator and 10AN check valve. Not much room under my hood to mount the Racetronic but I plan on replacing the Vortech intake with a Anderson Motorsport power pipe and if I am lucky that will make some real estate available to mount the larger Racetronic separator. Will post pictures when I make some progress.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Thanks for the JLT info.

Two more S/C'd Fox's with same valve set up with PCV removed, oil / blow by control has never been so good.

See post #17 for details.

Rick, finally snapped a pic of the check valve I picked up from Racetronix.

https://www.racetronix.biz/product.asp?ic=ckv-1010

Going to use it with this catch can if I can find a place to mount it.

Trying to fit it where I have circled and run the 10 AN lines as indicated but under the Power Pipe at the radiator cover.

Last edited by Scott; 09-04-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Got the oil separator and check valve installed yesterday. Thanks for all the ideas!

Looks terrific, interested to see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Looks terrific, interested to see how it works out.
    Me too Rick!