Pulled my Ford Racing intake to relocate the IAT sensor from the MAF location to an intake runner. Frankly I was very shocked at the amount of oil that had accumulated in the intake. I previously had a JLT catch can on the driver’s side until the forged motor and Ford Racing Intake went into the car in May 2013, but because the original hoses were no longer suitable the JLT was left off. I put the driver’s side JLT Oil Separator back on in July this year. When I removed the intake yesterday there was a little oil in the separator but not much.

However, this is what I found pooled in the intake. In fact there was even more than this as another pool of oil was formed out of the throttle body when the back of the intake was tipped up.

Current configuration has the passenger side valve cover connected with a 6AN hose to the Vortech intake tube elbow.

The driver side uses the original version JLT separator with 10AN hoses.

I am not comfortable with the volume of oil that has accumulated in the intake over 4 years of limited use, less than 15K kilometers in total.

With the gen 1 JLT back on the driver side do you think I am good to go or what other action do you recommend?