Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Fuel pump

riverman

Fuel pump

I have a loud buzzing humming noise from my gas tank when that car is running, just wondering if that's a sign that the pump is on its way out. What is a good replacement to put back in the tank, go with the factory stock pump from the dealer or an aftermarket pump and what size, how many GPM. Thanks

Buzzing can be a sign of a bad pump, or radio interference. Any problems besides the sound or issues running/starting? Have you had it pressure tested?

In terms of replacement what is the year and model of the Mustang in question? Major mods or aftermarket forced induction present? Plans for major mods or F.I. in future?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

riverman
    Sorry, the car is a 1996 GT 4.6L. No mods done too the car all stock, no planes on racing or track, just a summer cruising car. There are no signs of the car running bad or idle issues, or starting, just very loud when sitting at a stop light.

You would be fine to replace with a stock unit unless you have any intentions to up power, I'd go with whatever is most cost effective. I wouldnt replace unless it started to give me issues or the noise became unbearable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Yes not uncommon for them to be on the loud side. Unless bothering you or causing an issue, ok to leave as is. When it does come time, stock / quality replacement is all you need.

riverman
    So if I replace the pump wil it stop that humming buzzing noise, or will the new one do the same thing.

New one is more likely vs not to be much quieter, unless your problem is as stated above, noise through radio.

Can't hear the fuel pump on GR's car one bit.
    I think SLP has a solution.
    -Don____________