Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 200,000km rollback

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by juvehab View Post
    Happens all the time. Lots of guys around that do it $500. As long as it has never been to a dealership there is no real way of knowing the kms. With Honda at least that I know of if you have the vin you can walk into the dealership ask for all the records and see if everything is up to date. I dont think ford and others do it that way it not linked up through their network. Mileage cancelling ones go for $1000 I believe.
    Crazy, I hate paying new vehicle pricing but least that worry isn't an issue.

This is the reason why I would never buy a used car unless I knew the person that owned the car from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    I haven't bought a new (to me) vehicle in a while but when i did I aimed to hit the sweet spot of maximum depreciation while still new/good condition. With most cars they lose 1/2 value in the first 2 years and are still warrantied. Whether 2 years old or 30 years old condition is key for me. New doesn't guarantee no issues, and it's quite a premium to pay.
    Each to their own bud. Just look at all the used car lots out there, how many of those cars do you think are legit? I would say 60% and that’s being generous in my eyes. I know from first hand that odometers are being rolled back from leased vehicles and sold at dealerships. Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud nine View Post
    Each to their own bud. Just look at all the used car lots out there, how many of those cars do you think are legit? I would say 60% and that’s being generous in my eyes. I know from first hand that odometers are being rolled back from leased vehicles and sold at dealerships. Food for thought.
    I really doubt it's that many but who knows.

Bought my truck with 12k km's in 2015, cost half of sticker price. I will never buy a new ride.
    '88 LX

Does the mileage you record for your sticker show up on the UVIP?

I believe it does.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by 83 5.0 View Post
    Yes it does

Quote Originally Posted by 83 5.0 View Post
    Pretty sure it does.. my fox has some weird mileage history.. 2 owner car, something along the lines of

1996 43,000
    2000 49,000
    2003 52,000
    2005 152,000
    2008 54,000

Either it was rolled back, new cluster.. or what I think happened is in '05 the person doing the sticker put the 1 by typo.

Happened to me when I bought it, car had 55,000km's and the lady at the counter punched it in as 155,000km's.. when I mentioned it she apologized and changed it. Wonder if it is still there as 155,000? Who cares! I'm keeping this thing till the day I die.
    '88 LX

If everyone buying a used vehicle (who are not in the know when viewing) would stick to the golden rule of having an expert look it over........scammers would be gone in a heart beat. Reminds me of someone who came to us with a couple year old high end, hot selling SUV he was bragging out having bought for (if memory serves) 10 or 15k off what he knows it's worth. First trip to the dealer revealed, former multi branded US vehicle that saw it's vin somehow cleaned up enough through another Canadian province the Ont UVIP didn't show branding nor did it show coming from the US. Long and the short of it, so badly cobbled together it was neither safe nor did it have any real value beyond parts. Trying swallowing that pill on a vehicle you just dropped 50k on.
    In case of truck in the article, hard to imagine a work crews truck didn't have a barrage of clear indicators mileage was several times what showed. Not like it was just driving Miss Daisy around.
    With all the short term lease vehicles out there these days, just as common to see a genuine low mileage ride that has been used and abused having seen zero maint that is possibly even a worse buy. Only going to have it for a couple or three years so who cares, just like what peeps do when behind the wheel of a daily rental.
    Dealer I got the Ram from, salesperson came off as annoyed when I asked to see all paperwork showing it was indeed an internal Chrysler lease and that it had at least seen one oil change + where it had been for the 6 months since coming off the road before I'd sign on ye olde dotted line.
    Just like everything else, do your due diligence and more often vs not it'll work out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    In case of truck in the article, hard to imagine a work crews truck didn't have a barrage of clear indicators mileage was several times what showed.
    I was thinking that too, but that work truck that I bought from Justice was high mileage and in pristine shape.
    -Don____________