Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgraded Ram headlight bulbs

Upgraded Ram headlight bulbs

Has anyone upgraded their stock light bulbs to something a bit brighter? My truck has the projector lights but I find them not nearly as bright as others on the road.

Looking for a reputable company that has maybe something in the LED category. Or if you can suggest something else? Not looking for any funky coloured lights, just want brighter.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Diode Dynamics will be releasing a line of LED lights for 13+ Rams in January that are designed to work with the factory projection lights and the Canbus system. I will most likely be trying them on my 16' Sport. As of now the only proven and tested option for 13+ projection lights is HID's from Retro Shop. The canbus + space limitation is the hard part.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Be interested to hear your review.

Will do. I'm still somewhat torn, HID will have a longer throw which is nice, but not sure about the cut off of the factory projectors. LED's in my experience are excellent closer lighting but don't have great range.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

After the dismal lights in my former truck, find the RAM lights pretty dam decent but if theres an improvement to be make, bring it!!

Upgraded Ram headlight bulbs

Anyone here with dual/quad headlights? If you think the factory projectors are bad you should see mine wonder if a upgraded bulb would help. Is it safe to assume that if your not getting 12v to the headlight socket that your not getting the max light output?

Would love some projectors in mine but don’t want to dish out the money for a dd.
    '88 LX

I travel anywhere between 5am and 7am and 6:30-8pm, so needless to say all my driving is done in the dark or lowlight conditions. I just need a new bulb that gives me more.

Been thinking about the issue your having last few times I've driven at night, find my own to be the best headlights I've ever had. Thought, sure someone has not messed with alignment on yours, either too high or too low?

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Been thinking about the issue your having last few times I've driven at night, find my own to be the best headlights I've ever had. Thought, sure someone has not messed with alignment on yours, either too high or too low?
    Was in at dealer today for oil change and recall notice. Enquired about the headlights, techs checked them out and mentioned alignment...all came back as good as they could be with no changes.

Perhaps they've changed something year to year. Been in GhostRider / Daves truck (2015) at night as well, killer headlights like mine. Drove my brothers 2014 at night on a sledding trip last year, liked them as well.
    Oddly enough though, my new sled, peeps in Polaris forums rave about the LED lights, to me they are ok at best.