Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  182
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: The Official I Hate Winter Thread

Lil bit of a winter hater right now myself.
    I went back and forth with Polaris on my sled for almost 6 months about leaking crank seals, repair done under warranty and sled picked up late August. First ride last Friday, engine locked up solid at under 3 miles from the truck. Since leak came out of the blue, opted to have done under warranty vs myself because I fully expected them to call once apart and say crank bearing took the seal out. Reported back all was well but obviously it wasn't. Shitty part (worse than being down), under warranty when fixed but expired in early Dec. Only upside, dealer / service mgr so far conceded problem has to be either issued missed or problem when assembled, we'll see how it plays out.
    So far, lost last Fridays ride, suppose to be north riding with friends for several days as of this am.

That sucks Rick. Sorry to hear that.

Man that blows!!

Sucks when we spend all this time/money for our lil hobbies and warranty bites you in the ass. Sorry to hear Rick.
    '88 LX

Skating rink in the Sault tonight and heavy blowing snow warning! The older I get the worse it feels. Change my mind!
    "If your wife is having a good time and you're not,
    You're still having a better time than if you were having a good time, and she wasn't."

"If your wife is having a good time and you're not,
    You're still having a better time than if you were having a good time, and she wasn't."

Quote Originally Posted by SVOMACH1 View Post
    Change my mind!
    If it makes you feel any better: it’s still fall.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Lil bit of a winter hater right now myself.
    I went back and forth with Polaris on my sled for almost 6 months about leaking crank seals, repair done under warranty and sled picked up late August. First ride last Friday, engine locked up solid at under 3 miles from the truck. Since leak came out of the blue, opted to have done under warranty vs myself because I fully expected them to call once apart and say crank bearing took the seal out. Reported back all was well but obviously it wasn't. Shitty part (worse than being down), under warranty when fixed but expired in early Dec. Only upside, dealer / service mgr so far conceded problem has to be either issued missed or problem when assembled, we'll see how it plays out.
    So far, lost last Fridays ride, suppose to be north riding with friends for several days as of this am.

I totally forgot to update, service manager called me after engine was out and dismantled. As I'd suspected, had locked up solid,nothing besides cases salvageable, yes it needs a new engine. Part I did not expect to hear, fessed up immediately their mechanic had overlooked hooking up the line running from the oil tank to the injection pump. Ok, so sled has some miles on it, feel I'm entitled to what I had so expected them to offer up installing a good used engine, nope, he'll hear nothing of it and had already ordered a brand new / not rebuilt long block to replace mine. I offered that I'd have expected a used or maybe rebuilt engine and if he's up for installing new I'd shoulder part of the cost, they would not even consider my offer and went on to cover everything including new plugs and coolant along with labor. So thankful they are going to look after it but how long to fix, sled was done and ready for me to pick up by end of the week. Cleaned up without so much as a finger print on it, rode rest of the season with zero issues.
    There are some honest people out there after all, yes even honest when it cost them a considerable amount of time n money.