Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wont stay running. What to check?

Apparently the car had some sort of piggyback chip...might still be there. Ill have a look tomorrow.

K well i didnt make it outside today....WAY too hung over. I didnt leave the bed except to piss 3 times. I JUST made it to the couch before falling back asleep and now its 530. Note to self: stop fuckin drinking!

Whats the procedure for calibrating the maf to the injectors?

Procedure is buy a matched set, lol, unless it’s a C&L meter with an interchangeable tube, in which case just get the correct tube to match the injectors.

Ok so, ive never had this happen before in my life but heres a little story lol: I went to work today and found out that they had changed the batteries in my forklift and left the old ones behind. Dont really think theres anything wrong with them myself but buddy from CAT told my supervisor that they werent charging. Anyway, i took one, cleaned it all up, topped up the electrolyte and stuck it on a charger for about an hour. I stuck the battery in the mustang and wouldnt you know it, she fired up and actually idled not too bad after about 15 mins. The timing is off...infact the distributor wont turn clockwise any further and if you turn it counter clockwise itll shut down. My timing light is a joke so i have no idea where my timing is actually at. But it runs!! It sounds pretty damn good too...i gave it a couple shots of throttle to about 5k and it sounds strong although it does have a pop sound in the exhaust once in a while. So anyway, im happy for now, just gotta focus on getting a floor in it now.

^^ 5000k rev my old mechanic called it the Eyetalian tune-up

Sure, a battery can cause poor running, but it’s pretty clear your distributor is out a tooth or two....

Its out for sure, but you think its THAT far out?

Yup. Easy to check, bring it to tdc with the cap off and take a look where it’s pointing, should be at #1 with the module wiring harness pointing at around 5-6 o’clock.

Its out for sure, but you think its THAT far out?

Sorry i double posted. Youre saying bring the motor to tdc and check the rotor after?

This distributor shit is not my thing...not used to them. Diesels dont have them lol