Likes Likes:  75
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tim Horton's blow back.

This online calculator has this after all Ontario deductions:

$14.00/hr @ 40hrs = $461.99 a week
    $11.00/hr @ 40hrs = $374.81 a week

$24,023.48 new
    $19,490.12 old

$4533.36 a year more if that calculator is correct.

https://www.paymentevolution.com/payrollcalculator

One must remember, minimum wage is not enough to survive on. I know several people working more then 1 job @ minimum wage, and some put in anywhere from 60-80hr/s a week. Good for them to put in the effort, but with the increase in minimum wage some have stated their hours are now being cut back, and will need to find other employment as a solution. Some of these individuals will be up into the next bracket.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Multipul business in our area can’t find employees. All paying above even the new minimum wage.
    My neighbour said that that a few of them are getting together to look into the possibility of offering housing to bring in off shore workers becasie they can’t find anyone here that wants to show up and work.

Rough figuring is at least 200 jobs.

Manufacturing place got In resumes. Called dozens of people, 8 called back and signed up for orientation. Only 4 actually showed up for the orientation. And after the end of the first week only one was showing up for his shift.

Another place said they have done well over 200 Interviews in the last 2years. Got one guys that’s stuck around.

My brother came back from out west. And handed out multipule resumes. Got multipule job offers.

Anyone crying about being stuck on minimum or not being able to find better work needs to seriously look at themselves and ask why.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    let em boycott...imo

if it gets bad the franchisee will have to fire staff

if it gets real bad maybe just close up shop and leave 30 people unemployed

but...I have a suspicion that the loudest fucktards encouraging a boycott weren't even customers to begin with
    Your prolly right !

WTF
    maybe these pros in the media should ask these protesters how they would react if their cellphone bills were jacked by 22%.....and then an additional 7% next year

what the fuck would these SJWs sacrifice to compensate for that increase?

I can already hear the "but, but, but, um, grrr, ahh, umm...but"

buncha fucktards

I just ask them if they would be okay taking a 21% pay cut to help somone who makes less.

So far not one person has said okay.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Gary's post from earlier.

Share for truth

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Of course the unions are jumping in to support the government. From the G&M:

Labour organizations across Ontario are holding rallies today to protest the actions some Tim Hortons franchises have taken in response to an increase in the province's minimum wage.
    That has nothing to do with supporting the government, more like supporting the workers who are losing perks, since that’s what unions are supposed to be about after all.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Multipul business in our area can’t find employees. All paying above even the new minimum wage.
    My neighbour said that that a few of them are getting together to look into the possibility of offering housing to bring in off shore workers becasie they can’t find anyone here that wants to show up and work.

Rough figuring is at least 200 jobs.

Manufacturing place got In resumes. Called dozens of people, 8 called back and signed up for orientation. Only 4 actually showed up for the orientation. And after the end of the first week only one was showing up for his shift.

Another place said they have done well over 200 Interviews in the last 2years. Got one guys that’s stuck around.

My brother came back from out west. And handed out multipule resumes. Got multipule job offers.

Anyone crying about being stuck on minimum or not being able to find better work needs to seriously look at themselves and ask why.
    Funny, our company has had difficulty this week finding through our broker 2 53 ft trailers/drivers to bring materials up from Chicago this week. Seems there are a shortage of drivers/trucks due to the hotter than expected economy south of the border.
    Good debate on this forum on this topic. If the Liberals were not in desperation mode to implement this so quickly, I would say it is a good thing . They have only been in power over 12+ years, couldn't they have implemented it more gradually so business could adjust? Shows Kathleens desperation to stay in power
    Last edited by 83 5.0; 01-11-2018 at 09:55 AM.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    That has nothing to do with supporting the government, more like supporting the workers who are losing perks, since that’s what unions are supposed to be about after all.
    Given this province's unions are attached at the hip to Wynne and her government, I would say they are out there in support of the election process already (payback for past and/or upcoming collective bargaining perks).