Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody do a Caribbean cruise with Norwegian Cruise Lines?

Cool Anybody do a Caribbean cruise with Norwegian Cruise Lines?

Wife and I got a Caribbean cruise booked for later this month out of Miami on the Norwegian cruise ship Escape. I've heard mostly good but a few bad reviews about this company...just wondering if anyone here has any experiences?

Thanks!

We took a cruise around the Hawaiian Islands on the Norwegian "Pride of America". It was fantastic, no complaints, luxurious beautiful ship, food was good, service, etc. My only complaints are the typical cruise complaints like: they nickel and dime you for everything, long lines everywhere, etc.

Check Cruise Critic for your specific cruise if you haven't already.
    -Don____________

My parents cruise 1-2x a year and often choose NCL.
    I get the feeling its geared towards the older adult vs the younger crowd like celebrity.
    They have no complaints except as Don said they are one of the worst for costing you extras.
    The drink package is around $90/day per person. Even the bottle water package isn't cheap.
    Also
    You are automatically charged $14 a day per passenger for gratuities (service charge) but you can talk to guest services at the beginning to
    be removed from this. You will need to fill out a form.
    If not this will be added to your total at the end.

We've been on Norwegian, Princess, and Celebrity. I didn't really notice a difference in age groups ....they were ALL old, LOL.
    That said, we've never been on a Caribbean cruise, maybe that's different.
    -Don____________

Haven’t cruised but we are booking a trip to Moon Palace, riviera maya.....
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

We are booked later this winter with Holland America on the Eurodam. We are doing a 10 day southern Caribbean cruise.
    Going with friends who have being on 5 or 6 cruises. This is our first. But yeah...they sure nickel and dime ya. I think the booze card is $45/day/person....

Two with Disney and one with Holland America, all three were excellent. Really enjoyed the tour of the kitchen on the Holland America, and the Q&A with the captains.

I like my feet planted in sand

Cruised last January on the NCL Epic. It was our first cruise and my wife and I loved it. We paid the gratuities and drink package up front, and we didn't feel nickel and dimed at all. I was actually surprised how much was included - guess it depends on your expectations. Ship was very nice, staff was awesome. It was 'busy' at times, but only at the expected times...like 2PM at the pool bar, 7PM for dinner, etc. If you used a bit of an alternative schedule, it was easy to find lots of empty space for yourself. The only prices I thought were crazy were the shore excursions, which seem to be pricey no matter who you book with.

As a counterpoint to Biz - We booked with an agent, and she said given our age (~30), she would only recommend NCL or Royal Caribbean as they attract the youngest customers. I found the crowd to be varied, but we were definitely some of the youngest people on board that weren't with our parents...

Quote Originally Posted by G-ForceJunkie View Post

As a counterpoint to Biz - We booked with an agent, and she said given our age (~30), she would only recommend NCL or Royal Caribbean as they attract the youngest customers. I found the crowd to be varied, but we were definitely some of the youngest people on board that weren't with our parents...
    I can only go by what my parents say but they take the more expensive cruises so that may play a part.
    I've cruised with Royal Caribbean 3x and Carnival once. We had mixed crowds although on Carnival Destiny I would say the median age was 30's.
    It was a party boat.

I haven't cruised in a while but I'm feeling the urge again and RC Symphony Of The Seas looks like a fun ship!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connec...y-of-the-seas/