Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody do a Caribbean cruise with Norwegian Cruise Lines?

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaketamer View Post
    That looks amazing....
    I've done 2 different week long cruises - only way I'd go now.

Just got back from an NCL cruise of the Hawaiian islands. The cruise itself was fantastic; great weather, and great on island excursions, but the ship (Pride of America) has seen better days. In fact its going into dry dock for refurbishing next year. If you can do it, I highly recommend doing a Hawaiian cruise. Also recommend getting there a day or two before your cruise to adjust to the time zone change (6 hrs. behind us). We did a tour of Ohau which included Pearl Harbor. Well worth doing IMO. Also would recommend staying a few days on one of the islands....like Maui, when you finish the cruise. A chance to hit some of their beaches and relax after the cruise (I find cruises to be busy, especially if your doing any excursions...you have to get up early).

Service on-board was pretty good and buying their beverage package was a wise decision. Cruise lines do like to nickel and dime you.

Tips:

1. Bring some insulated mugs for your drinks....keeps em cold!
    2. Bring water shoes or sandals to wear around the pools....the decks were HOT! Ask me how I know.....ouch!
    3. Book your excursions separate from the cruise line.....way less expensive and just as good. Just make sure you're back on time for the ship to leave port.....they will leave without you!