Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wont stay running. What to check?

Wont stay running. What to check?

K so my 88 lx coupe will not stay running. I dont know a whole bunch about the motor but i do know its got an Edelbrock Performer upper and lower intake, 1 7/8" long tubes, it has a 70mm TB and has a MAF, it IS NOT speed density anymore. Its also got a B cam and an MSD cap and rotor with a Motorcraft shaft and MSD coil. Its also got 30lb injectors. It SEEMS to be over fueling and it wont idle very long. Ill try and get a vid today if i can. I know the timing isnt ideal but i cant get it to idle long enough to get a light on it. What should i be looking for? Its kind of acting like its got a vacuum leak but i cant find anything.
    Thanks in advance!

Any of these mods new, or has it been running fine until now?

The previous owner did most of it i believe, i havent really done much other than put a battery in it

The previous owner did most of it i believe, i havent really done much other than put a battery in it. The previous owners friend was messing with something in the distributor and it was running awesome and then apparently when he tried to fire it up to load it on the trailer it was running like shit and stalling

Vid might shed some light, not sure from your description.

The battery im using didnt last long enough to get it started. Ill let the battery charge overnight and by the time im able to walk again tomorrow I should be able to get a vid

Is the MAF calibrated to the injectors? And have you confirmed the firing order is correct?
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

I have no idea if the maf is calibrated...ill ask the previous owner. I havent checked the firing order yet...ill check asap

Nothing runs better vs ditching the calibrated MAF and going with an SCT and a tune.

^On a fox?

Definitely need to do some basic checks on this, meaning fuel pressure, timing, firing order, spark kv.