Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Dumbest Fucking thing I've seen in all my years of driving...

Dumbest Fucking thing I've seen in all my years of driving...

I was absolutely speechless tonight heading down the 404 just before Aurora heading South...

First off, it's foggy as shit, pissing rain and fucking windy!!

I see flashing lights up ahead, I think "oh, okay, car pulled off to the side...better slow down a little and give some room...no biggy" I was in the Right lane (404 is only two lanes wide here). So there is indeed a car pulled off to the side (left side) under an overpass and as I get closer I think "hmmm, seems to be not over far enough from my point of view". Just as I think that, a Tanker truck comes flying up beside me and then all of a sudden slams on his breaks and starts flashing all the lights on the rig. So I was like "holy shit" but then quickly realize why...this fucking SUV is stopped under the overpass with people outside of it getting something out of the back of the trunk/hatch...whatever you want to call it that was lifted all the way up...but they were not pulled over at all...they were completely stopped in the middle of the fast lane (left lane)...

I honestly don't even know how the rig managed to stop in time...soon as I saw what was happening I jumped into the merge lane that was coming onto the hwy from under the overpass (nobody was getting on the hwy at the time) and a quick look in my rear view mirror and a car comes flying out from behind the truck into the lane I was just in...and flys by both of us...clearly wasn't anticipating the truck to stop like that and had nowhere to go...would have been messy if had slammed into the back of the tanker (no idea if it was full or not) but either way, I don't know how those people made it out alive...I hopped back on the hwy at the end of the merge lane, everything was clear by then...but the tanker stayed there with it's lights flashing as far as I could see till out of site from my rear view...

I mean really...who the fuck stops and gets out of their vehicle in the middle of the fast lane? Or any lane...

Even if you broke down...run out of fuel, flat tire, stall, etc, etc, most cases you'd be able to roll off to the side at least and if not...you don't fucking stand there getting stuff out off your vehicle with the doors open...if your not going to stay in the vehicle, then at least get the fuck off the hwy and out of the way till help can arrive

however, seemed a little convenient that it was raining and they were parked right under the overpass and getting shit out of the back of it...

I don't know...I mean I've seen some dumb shit, everyone has but this one takes the cake for me as far as driving safety goes and situational awareness

I was half expecting to see emergency crews and the hwy closed there on my way back...I still don't know how that rig stopped in time...but good on him...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Mustang Occasionally
    You should have stopped in the right lane and asked them what they were doing.

^^^yeah...I could have said "Hey, did you hear about the one with the Asshole that stops in the middle of the Hwy and get's hit by a Transport...cause it's coming to a theatre near you!!"

Club Supporter
    Sounds like Darwin was almost awakened tonight. Pretty scary what people think is ok to do on the roads.

Problem is, Donny P Dumbass usually ends up taking one of us out vs his or herself.

^^^ Yup usually the case... Common sense is not so common!

Same as the ones that veer across multiple lanes desperately needing to access the core lanes on the 401.............you know, the lanes that go to the exact same place as the collectors.

June 2017. I am coming home from the cottage. Just my pup and me. Wife was working the weekend.

Two cars are pulled over on south bound 35/115. About 8 people have set up a table and we’re proceeding to have their lunch.

August 2017. Wife, pup and me are coming home from cottage traveling along 407 eastbound. It is 10pm and there is no one on 407. One of the larger Mercedes suv’s merges onto 407, goes over 2 lanes, cuts me off and does 70 kmh.

10 or 11 years ago. We're traveling to Florida along the I 75 highway.
    Outside of Atlanta it's 10 PM. I'm in the HOV lane. A big, black BMW 760L moves over from the right lanes directly (and I mean directly) in front of me . Problem: he's doing 45 or so MPH. Speed limit is 70 MPH. I'm doing 75 in a fully loaded minivan. I slam on my brakes, manage not to hit him.
    Much honking, flashing of lights on my part. His reaction: driver's window down, the finger comes out. He stays at 45. Eventually, I have room to move to the right and accelerate to get by him. What does he do? Puts his foot down and paces me.
    Then when we catch up to traffic, he slows back down.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

I’ve stopped trying to figure people out, or even worry about anything I see on the road enough to talk to my wife about it, it’s all gone, I can’t take it, people are so dumb I just go about my business and try to get one in one piece.