Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  45
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: School me on supercharging my 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by 1986stangfan View Post
    Turns out the lower intake that cane with the Kenne Bell supercharger I bought is from an explorer and not a true gt40 or cobra lower intake. Normally I wouldn’t care but with the explorer intakes apparently they move the supercharger forward 1/8” which causes pulley alignment and belt throwing issues. Dang
    have you put it on the motor to see? i have never heard of the gt40 and explorer lower to be offset like that i had them both and never noticed that

School me on supercharging my 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by 4GOTNPNY View Post
    have you put it on the motor to see? i have never heard of the gt40 and explorer lower to be offset like that i had them both and never noticed that
    I haven’t installed it yet, but I have been doing a lot of research and everything I have read, even from Kenne Bell says I can’t use the explorer intake. It’s only 1/8” so it would be difficult to notice unless it was causing belt alignment or another issue.

Link to an article
    https://eectuning.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22305

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1986stangfan; 02-27-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Internet can be full of a lot of hear-say and just plan bullshit. Most have no friggen clue even the so called pros tuners.....that’s a different rant.
    but that being said, the intake cost is minor and you could probably sell it for a couple of bucks anyways. I have always been a fan of the aftermarket intakes over stock.
    Welcome to the world of mod’n cars, if this is your only hiccup along the way then consider yourself lucky.

i agree with old school if you can get a cobra or gt 40 lower i see them for sale often i had one hell of a time doing the vortech in my car everything was custome fitting a fox kit in a mustang II was a challenge lol

Quote Originally Posted by 4GOTNPNY View Post
    i agree with old school if you can get a cobra or gt 40 lower i see them for sale often i had one hell of a time doing the vortech in my car everything was custome fitting a fox kit in a mustang II was a challenge lol
    Very familiar with shoehorning and custom fitting part on mustangs II’s this is my uncles car

thats your uncles car! ahah we talk at every show in durham he has a gorgeous car i had a cleveland in my car once then boss 302 now i just have a roller 302 with a vortech v3. that car wins all the awards in durham region

Yeah, it’s a clean car. You and I have talked a few times also but you may not remember me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986stangfan View Post
    Yeah, it’s a clean car. You and I have talked a few times also but you may not remember me.
    where at one of the shows if i see your face i wil probably remeber

Been compiling information, parts and pictures and am about to begin my intercooler build.