Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  19
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: No wonder Amazon is so big

Club Supporter
    This was the guy who came in to do the presentation to us today (if you have the time to watch) - Leonard Brody. These are a little old (2016) because he's got new content in his current presentation and he presented content for over an hour versus these short videos.

I use amazon ocassionally,and recently purchased a battery charger for AA, C Cells etc. ordered it on saturday, was delivered monday afternoon. The kicker is no taxes are charged, but it had to be shipped from somewhere local for that time frame.
    The government is missing out on a lot of dough, and this maybe where Amazon (like Uber) has a show down with the government.

Quote Originally Posted by 83 5.0 View Post
    I use amazon ocassionally,and recently purchased a battery charger for AA, C Cells etc. ordered it on saturday, was delivered monday afternoon. The kicker is no taxes are charged, but it had to be shipped from somewhere local for that time frame.
    The government is missing out on a lot of dough, and this maybe where Amazon (like Uber) has a show down with the government.
    if there was no taxes it is coming from china.

I tend to agree with WTF. Not that I'm so far out of the ordinary, but my body is, well, bigger, and often certain sizes are incorrect. I much prefer to try on clothes and shoes. I'd probably never order them on line. Two weeks ago I bought a coat at Vaughan Mills. I tried on a number of coats, and from store to store L (Large), XL and XXL differed substantially. One place's XXL was smaller than L in another. Ordering on line I'd have had to send them back. Ditto with food, paint, most hardware, etc. This is the stuff you really have to see, feel, smell, try on, whatever, to get the right product.
    I enjoy walking through Princess Auto, Home Depot, Canadian Tire, and such, looking for ...stuff. On the other hand, certain items, such as car parts, tools, electronics, are often much easier to compare on line, and definitely cheaper to buy.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Quote Originally Posted by juvehab View Post
    if there was no taxes it is coming from china.
    I am suspicious given the time frame, no customs declarations, just my address.