Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No wonder Amazon is so big

Amazon sells alot of the same products you would get in regular retail stores. Agreed alot of Off shore knock off stuff, but lots of great stuff as well.
    Small example, my sister loves getting movies at Xmas, got 4 blu rays, exactly what I get at Walmart, for almost half the price and free shipping.....

Never ending cycle. People complain there's no jobs to buy the things they want, buying things that don't add jobs to the economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

The weekend before Christmas I ordered a last minute gift Friday evening late (11pm) not caring if it showed up in time or not.
    Christmas eve (sunday) morning it was in my mailbox delivered from a courier I have never even heard of.
    Not sure if it came on Saturday or that sunday morning.
    Been a Prime member for almost a year now. Well worth it.

Don't complain when there are no stores left and no jobs left.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    Don't complain when there are no stores left and no jobs left.
    I mean.. its kind of inevitable.

You can't blame estores like Amazon either.. it started as a book store with a shitty html page. Technology > us.

Blame the baby boomers
    '88 LX

No disagreement with the number of jobs lost. However, Amazon still has lots of human workers. You have the packagers and the web writers and the stock boys and the actual couriers themselves, and the people who maintain the sites, and the buyers, and all those others
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Yep.

Off shore knockoffs. That don’t pass our safety certifications. Sold pennies on the dollar. Forcing reputable company’s to cut corners so the people who are always demanding the cheapest price can instead complain about an inferior product and no jobs
    I bought a Bosch product (made somewhere in Europe)....reputable company right? I first called a local Partsource store when Bosch said I had no warranty but the store only had some NGK version but Bosch is the OEM manufacturer for Volvo (and Amazon carries the Bosch). I did find a store who could order in the Bosch unit but it would have cost $130 more than what Amazon had it listed for....and I'd have to wait for it to be ordered in.

Well I guess the company is doing something right, when the owner surpasses bill gates to become the richest man in the world

and to think, early on, he was considering naming the site MakeItSo.com to reflect his love for Star Trek TNG

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

^ People called him crazy and said no one will buy books in the interwebs.
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    I bought a Bosch product (made somewhere in Europe)....reputable company right? I first called a local Partsource store when Bosch said I had no warranty but the store only had some NGK version but Bosch is the OEM manufacturer for Volvo (and Amazon carries the Bosch). I did find a store who could order in the Bosch unit but it would have cost $130 more than what Amazon had it listed for....and I'd have to wait for it to be ordered in.
    Saw a video online of a guy who purchased a power switch thing from an actuall store. Some thing like 150bucks
    Bought the same thing from amazon (might have been ally express) looked the same very simpler badging. And even the exact same part number. But was like 40 bucks.

He opened them up and they were not even close. Online one was as cheap as possible with not safety’s built in and said if it fails it will burn down your house.

Big give away on stuff is no certification badging. Remember CE is for China export not an electrical certification.

Be careful is all. There are deals to be had. But also a lot of less than reputable places looking to make a buck at no risk.