Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  29
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bit the bullet bought a new truck

gave my truck its first spring detailing i have to say i love this truck if i had the extra funds i would be doing the air bags right away. however only one issue i have is the autopark i back up the trailer or pull away for a second with the door open and she jams in park wont let me drive phoned the dealer and they said it cannot be disabled. my girlfriend made a good point if shes out alone and someone decides to open the door and try to grab her or pull her out she cant drive away it jams in park. i hope that never comes to that. but i told the dealer and they said it cant be disabled and i hate it just for backing into and pulling away from the trailer anyone disable theirs?

What do you mean autopark? I have the exact same truck albeit a 2016 and never encountered what you're saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

if you have the door open put in drive or reverse the truck does not let you drive and automatically puts you in park

Quote Originally Posted by 4GOTNPNY View Post
    gave my truck its first spring detailing i have to say i love this truck if i had the extra funds i would be doing the air bags right away. however only one issue i have is the autopark i back up the trailer or pull away for a second with the door open and she jams in park wont let me drive phoned the dealer and they said it cannot be disabled. my girlfriend made a good point if shes out alone and someone decides to open the door and try to grab her or pull her out she cant drive away it jams in park. i hope that never comes to that. but i told the dealer and they said it cant be disabled and i hate it just for backing into and pulling away from the trailer anyone disable theirs?
    For your girlfriend, set lock option to auto lock immediately once in drive or reverse.
    As for moving with door open for any reason, can recall a fatality I attended where door was snagged while backing up, driver fell out onto the ground, wheel was turned enough and vehicle ran them over. Another one going forward with one leg on the running board saw drivers leg crushed beyond recognition when he clipped corner edge of his house. Yet another when driver missed exit ramp at 401 and Vic Pk, backing up with door open, fell out pulling steering wheel to almost full lock. Car did huge number of circles in reverse before OPP cruiser was stopped behind it.

Oh, dealer told me that if you lightly keep foot on brake while reversing it won't toss you in park.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate