Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bit the bullet bought a new truck

Nice looking rig!
    I have bad memories of the 5.4 issues.....done plenty of work on those over the years, seems some are good, but many are bad.
    Hemis are pretty durable, although I’m not gonna lie they break manifold studs as well, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Nice looking rig!
    I have bad memories of the 5.4 issues.....done plenty of work on those over the years, seems some are good, but many are bad.
    Hemis are pretty durable, although I’m not gonna lie they break manifold studs as well, lol.
    They all do lol but I can live with manifold studs if I don't have to rebuild the entire engine at 235000

Sadly all of the manu's are having stud issues.

Appears so. The he is use stainless bolts but they’re too thin, so they break.....usually flush in the head, not too bad to get out, but not easy by any means. At least they’re not rotting away to pencil thin remains though.

Exactly that.

Liking the Sport , I hear you about getting stranded with family in the vehicle that’s what pushed me years ago to get my Mrs into a new family hauler . I’m on the fence re my next truck & I like that look

Quote Originally Posted by 4GOTNPNY View Post
    Now that's a cool pic!
    Congrats on the new truck! I hear ya about the peace of mind of a new vehicle. Old beaters are great until they let you down.

Quote Originally Posted by 4GOTNPNY View Post
    ...but it worked out wasn't much more then I was already paying just going to be for a few more years lol
    Unfortunately this is often overlooked when people tell me "it's only a few bucks more than I was paying". It's not the monthly payment that's expensive, it's the number of additional payments.
    My BIL keeps getting new F150's, and each time it's "the dealer gave me such a great deal I couldn't pass it up!"
    -Don____________

Nice truck! How does it handle pulling your car? My buddy just got rid of his f150 harley because of the same issues.. then reverse went. Still got decent coin considering it was clapped out. Trucks really do hold their value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Now that's a cool pic!
    Congrats on the new truck! I hear ya about the peace of mind of a new vehicle. Old beaters are great until they let you down.

Unfortunately this is often overlooked when people tell me "it's only a few bucks more than I was paying". It's not the monthly payment that's expensive, it's the number of additional payments.
    My BIL keeps getting new F150's, and each time it's "the dealer gave me such a great deal I couldn't pass it up!"

thanks we were loaded heading to picton and i had to take a pic its been a few years of milestones for us new house new baby now my first new truck. and yea its the extra added years thats going to hurt but at the end of the day this time its mine since new and i will be maintaining it its entire life not taking on someone elses problem

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Nice truck! How does it handle pulling your car? My buddy just got rid of his f150 harley because of the same issues.. then reverse went. Still got decent coin considering it was clapped out. Trucks really do hold their value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    they really do! it pulls like a dream didnt even know the car was behind me at first i love it i dont think i will buy another ford ever again and i love ford.