Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  89
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: The new minimum wage: are jobs being lost?

$400k seems cheap for that property.
    Apparently it was bought by some Tecumseh Sub place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    $400k seems cheap for that property.
    Apparently it was bought by some Tecumseh Sub place.
    May have been 460k. It's really not that large, but ya heard Steve from Tec Sub was going in there, he's across from Franks now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Zexhuffer View Post
    Went to Boston pizza last night with the lil lady and my dad and it cost 127 before tax.

We had to double check and re look over the menu cause we were flattened that a medium pizza with three toppings was 28 fucking dollars... I know they said they were changing there prices but thats ridiculous. We talked to the manager and asked what had gone up and shes said pretty much everything as of jan 1. Thats the last time I eat there for a long time unless someone else is paying....

19$ for burger and fries???
    28$ for a medium pizza...lol
    We went to East Side Marios yesterday. Same thing. Prices are getting higher. Last year I was able to buy a plate of spaghetti and meatballs for $10.99. Yesterday the same thing was $15.99. A small pizza with 2 toppings: $15.99. (Admittedly this includes salad and garlic bread). even children's meals $7.99.
    i understand that costs and profit need to be covered but this is getting ridiculous.
    Oddly, we got there at 5:15 PM and there was a 40 minute wait. The place was packed.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

^ place was packed & $15 for ragu & meatballs wow . I don’t eat out much , wife would smack me for $15 pasta

Mrods
    I run a few business, with the Customer Service arm being highly impacted by the min wage increase. We received 3 weeks notice in December that the increase was official and kicking in Jan 1. Previously, We actually paid our agents $13 an hr. The margins are very tight at 7-9% for us as a business. We needed to move all front line employees to $14.75 hr this year and around $15.50 next year when phase two of the increase kicks in. We cannot pay minimum wage to avoid competing with Timmys and Macdonalds. Min wage models have never worked in out business. Unfortunately, some of our US and Canadian based clients were not willing to fund the salary variance for the latest hikes. Especially with such short time frames, even though we had socialized the possibility in 2017. Everything is now being transitioned off shore. Sadly, I just needed to advise 300 Toronto based employees that they are out of work effective mid April. The labour laws and conditions were not even updated by the government when Jan 1 hit. What a joke! Our company labour lawyer was confused by the lack of definition around the new legislation that goes well beyond a simple wage hike.
    So yes, big impacts here and sadly, just the beginning. I am all for paying lower wage individuals more. It just needs be rolled out properly from a timing and detail perspective to allow all business to responsibly transition. In our case, we had a few weeks to let clients know, prices were up approx. 20%. What a stupid and irresponsible way for the government to handle such a massive change that should have been positive for both employees and employers; who need to actually make money to pay the employees. I hope Wynne's vagina neck suffocates her ugly face one day while she's sleeping. She needs to come to my shop so all the employees can thank her for another great move.