Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  89
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: The new minimum wage: are jobs being lost?

The gain is more taxes. Taxes on income and taxes on higher prices = more money for the Gov. to squander
    Joel,

For the last 3-4 years Dominos has run a monthly special for $10.99.
    Just a med deep dish pizza. Nothing crazy.
    Last week it's up to $11.99.
    Do I think this is because of the min wage increase?
    Absolutely!!!
    Will it stop me from buying it?
    Absolutely not!!

WTF
    bottom line with this min wage increase was that Wynne was completely irresponsible

1) she told businesses mid-way through 2017 that min wage would be going up with inflation....businesses planned accordingly

2) based on rotten poll #s she changed her tune and decides to crank up labour costs for businesses by 22% with a few months notice after she told them something completely different months prior

3) when businesses react to balance their budgets in a completely legal fashion....she goes to the media and calls them bullies

how anyone could consider this behaviour acceptable...coming from the Premier of a province in this Country is beyond me

this is reckless behaviour....

Politicians are supposed to be the steady hand on the tiller.....this is the complete opposite

Politicians are supposed to encourage small business development.....and this reckless bitch is shitting all over small businesses

she is not fit for the position she holds and should be sent packing

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    bottom line with this min wage increase was that Wynne was completely irresponsible

1) she told businesses mid-way through 2017 that min wage would be going up with inflation....businesses planned accordingly

2) based on rotten poll #s she changed her tune and decides to crank up labour costs for businesses by 22% with a few months notice after she told them something completely different months prior

3) when businesses react to balance their budgets in a completely legal fashion....she goes to the media and calls them bullies

how anyone could consider this behaviour acceptable...coming from the Premier of a province in this Country is beyond me

this is reckless behaviour....

Politicians are supposed to be the steady hand on the tiller.....this is the complete opposite

Politicians are supposed to encourage small business development.....and this reckless bitch is shitting all over small businesses

she is not fit for the position she holds and should be sent packing
    I agree 1000%. Not to mention the cost of electricity, and fuel. My electric bill last month AFTER the 25% "Discount" was $740.00. And, I'm now paying $1.28/l for home heating oil, certainly due the the new provincial carbon tax.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

They just announced, 56,000 part times jobs lost this month

Club Supporter
    It appears Canadian Tire in Bolton cut back on their store hours. They close 2 hours earlier on weekdays now and 1 hour earlier on Sunday. I wonder how many stores are going to do this?

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    It appears Canadian Tire in Bolton cut back on their store hours. They close 2 hours earlier on weekdays now and 1 hour earlier on Sunday. I wonder how many stores are going to do this?
    oh look.....another business that useless bitch can call a bully

Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    For the last 3-4 years Dominos has run a monthly special for $10.99.
    Just a med deep dish pizza. Nothing crazy.
    Last week it's up to $11.99.
    Do I think this is because of the min wage increase?
    Absolutely!!!
    Will it stop me from buying it?
    Absolutely not!!
    Haven’t had Dominos since I was in school I n the US lol , is it good ? That was the go to at 2am

Way to go Wynnebag