Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  95
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ontario PC Leader Patrick Brown resigns over sexual allegations!

No words, hope it's true though.

Unfortunately in today's world it does not matter if he's innocent. He is already finished. His professional life is over no matter what the outcome.

Club Supporter
    If the false accusations can be corroborated (as false), anyone involved should be charged with mischief at a minimum. Not sure if the news sources involved can be sued for libel or some similar transgression.

You mean like Jian Gomeshi. Where is he now? Doesn't matter that he was acquitted.

Ya this shit wrong. If you falsely accuse someone you should be charged.
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Saw this posted on Facebook. Supposedly by Patrick Brown.

Earlier this week, I said the truth will come out. I have been investigating the anonymous allegations against me and can prove they are false. I will clear my name.

The first accuser told a story about an incident that she claimed took place in my second floor, upstairs bedroom with the door closed. At the time of the alleged incident, I lived in a ground floor, open concept apartment and there was no second floor bedroom nor a door to any bedroom. THIS STORY IS FALSE. Interestingly, I understand from the first accuser's Facebook and from people we both know that she was housemates with a CTV reporter.

The second accuser's story is also absurdly false. It was she who tried to kiss me, while the woman I was seeing was in another room. I stopped her immediately and offered to drive her home, which I did. There are at least three witnesses, one of whom even spoke to CTV, that refute the details of her allegations. CTV left that out of the story.

Since the alleged incident, the accuser regularly presented herself as being my supporter and friend, including attending my events (she sat at a supporter table at my speech at the Economic Club of Canada in November 2016), requesting I connect her with my colleagues to help her write certain articles as recently as last year, liking a significant number of my Facebook posts long after she left my office, and, in fact, she even helped out on my leadership campaign. It is now known that this accuser and one of the reporters had a prior relationship. They both worked and socialized together. At no time did she ever act as someone who was anything but a friend and supporter. THIS STORY IS FALSE.

The #metoo movement is important. I support it. I embrace it. My drive to public service includes creating a safer and more respectful world for women. The #metoo movement is too important to allow outrageous allegations like these to derail it.

These past weeks have been hard. The hardest of my life. The night of January 24 was like being hit by a truck! No words can describe the hurt and pain suffered by me and my family. Yet, I find myself overwhelmed by the support for me across this beautiful province of ours. Thank you for believing me and believing in me. Thank you for your outrage at what happened to me.

I am a fighter. For my family, for my constituents, and for the citizens of Ontario. I will now fight for my name and reputation.

first accuser, second accuser, CTV reporter ....why are there no names in this rebuttal?
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    first accuser, second accuser, CTV reporter ....why are there no names in this rebuttal?
    Is the case in the courts with any form of publication ban?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

I am sure there will be further information coming from Patrick Brown to try and clear his name. Not saying he's innocent, not saying he's guilty, but id love to see these allegations proved false soley to show how corrupt the Liberals are and the extent of what they'll do to try and win knowing how far down in the polls Wynne is.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Is the case in the courts with any form of publication ban?
    Not as far as I know. I don't understand why everybody (including Brown) are tippy-toeing around the anonymity of these people.

I have been investigating the anonymous allegations against me and can prove they are false. I will clear my name.
    The first step I would take to clear my name would be to shed light on the "anonymous" accusers. At the very very least I would name the CTV reporter link.

Naming names seems to be taboo.
    The [PC] party fired a firm [Zuber and Company] whose lawyer [Joseph Villeneuve] publicly named and criticized one of former leader Patrick Brown’s sexual-misconduct accusers.
    “If (she) wished to have anonymity, and was deemed deserving of it, she should have brought her claims to court (seeking a publication ban) rather than trying to insulate herself from fair scrutiny by media ambush,” Villeneuve said in an email interview.
    -Don____________