Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millard / Smich sentenced in second murder.

Post Millard / Smich sentenced in second murder.

Two men convicted of murdering a young Toronto woman have been sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole for 25 years, which they will serve on top of existing life sentences for another murder.
    A jury found Dellen Millard and Mark Smich guilty of first-degree murder in the presumed death of Laura Babcock, who went missing more than five years ago and whose body has not been found.
    Muffled cheers were heard in the Toronto courtroom as Justice Michael Code read his decision.

Dellen Millard (left) and Mark Smich are pictured.

Millard, 32, of Toronto, and Smich, 30, of Oakville, Ont., were previously convicted of murdering a Hamilton man and burning his body in an animal incinerator.
    First-degree murder carries an automatic life sentence with no chance of parole for at least 25 years.

Rott

Good. Fuck them.

Off my meds again
    If there were a case that where the death penalty was warranted, this one is it.

Been following this case since Bosnia trial. These two are irreparably fucked so kept em locked up as long as possible. Kill a man and destroy a family for a used truck you could afford to buy and kill a troubled woman because you were just a scum bag. Yes they deserve to die and I hope they burn in hell.

I recall a member on the other board said the rig leader used to have a Notchback and he had interacted with him at some point which gave him the heebie jeebies. Honestly the Bosma trial is why I no longer sell parts on kijiji and only deal with people I know or others vouch for.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Two men convicted of murdering a young Toronto woman have been sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole for 25 years, which they will serve on top of existing life sentences for another murder [Tim Bosma]. A jury found Dellen Millard and Mark Smich guilty of first-degree murder in the presumed death of Laura Babcock, who went missing more than five years ago and whose body has not been found. Muffled cheers were heard in the Toronto courtroom as Justice Michael Code read his decision.

Millard, 32, of Toronto, and Smich, 30, of Oakville, Ont., were previously convicted of murdering a Hamilton man [Tim Bosma] and burning his body in an animal incinerator. First-degree murder carries an automatic life sentence with no chance of parole for at least 25 years.
    What paper is the above story from? And why are they tippy-toeing around the fact that it was Tim Bosma? I know during the trial they were not allowed to bring up the fact that these two maggots (to use a TMS term) were just convicted of the Tim Bosma murder, but why are they keeping it a secret now?

I wouldn't mind seeing these two sentenced to an incinerator.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What paper is the above story from? And why are they tippy-toeing around the fact that it was Tim Bosma? I know during the trial they were not allowed to bring up the fact that these two maggots (to use a TMS term) were just convicted of the Tim Bosma murder, but why are they keeping it a secret now?

I have never understood this about not letting the Jury know of previous convictions.
    Sorry if your past weighs in on your current court issues.

Yea that aspect of the system, it's so backwards to me. I understand (to a degree) that they want to give certain individuals the benefit of reform and that previous actions are not necessarily indicative of guilt (I.E. someone who had dealings with the law in their teens may not be criminal in their 50s) but overall in life do we not use previous actions as huge indicators or current and future performance? If I'm shit at jobs throughout my 20's and 30's why should an employer overlook that when choosing to employ me in my 40's? They wouldn't. Same reason most people don't take back cheating spouses or why kids don't put the fork in the electrical socket a 3rd or 4th time.

The pair were convicted, handily, of ruthlessly executing a calculated murder of a man for a used Dodge in which the planning and execution of the murder vastly exceeded the cost of the truck in question. I feel like that's something that should be referenced during the second of three murder trials.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Hold on. I have to check to make sure there isn't an asteroid coming... Because the end must be nigh when we both agree.

Quote Originally Posted by StAnger View Post
    Hold on. I have to check to make sure there isn't an asteroid coming... Because the end must be nigh when we both agree.
    Asteroid 2018 DU, yesterday, missed us by 280,000km, so yes, today we agree.

-Don____________