Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  95
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Ontario PC Leader Patrick Brown resigns over sexual allegations!

Not going to get dragged into the whole "don't hire women" "Oh it's so hard to not make sexual advances on co-workers" debate.

What I find disgusting is how quickly the entire PC party jumped over the rail into the freezing water. Makes me think they weren't entirely confident in Brown and this is an extremely convenient opportunity to pivot.
    -Don____________

When deciding who may or may not have done what............remember this.

What needs to start happening, consequences, huge consequences for the accusers when it plays out they are liars. Just a little over a week ago we were lambasted with media reports of a hate crime against a lil girl, we all know how that played out.

I find this whole situation troubling and so disappointing. I was so hoping for a change to more responsible government and this “situation” may now thwart that movement.

I don’t know the man personally but he appeared genuine in being shaken up and it makes me feel that there is no truth behind this claim. Sad what Canadian politics has become...
    FABMAN

Reason i call bullshit is why do all these women wait years or decades to come forward???

The Liberals have been investigating this for months and basically led the campaign for these people to come forward. They don't care about these women, they just care that they are accusing Brown and it will help their agenda. I read a post where someone stated People in Barrie and Ottawa already knew about him being a bit of a creep, but who knows if that's true. I cannot take 4 more years of the Libs......

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Not going to get dragged into the whole "don't hire women" "Oh it's so hard to not make sexual advances on co-workers" debate.

What I find disgusting is how quickly the entire PC party jumped over the rail into the freezing water. Makes me think they weren't entirely confident in Brown and this is an extremely convenient opportunity to pivot.

Remember with the liberal controlled media and the way social media is used now a days anyone who would have either stood beside him until proven guilty or even just kept their head down and done their job. Would be accused of supporting a rapist and condemned right along side him. This has happened and will continue to happen

As Mike Rowe put it in a recent interview (paraphrasing)
    We used to have to deal with blow back from the wrong answer. Now not giving an answer is worse.

WTF
    I thought Patrick Brown's future bombshell was when he would come outta the closet as gay

seriously...am I the only one who thought that?

the most serious of the allegations I've read are 10 fucking years old and involve a single 29 year old guy and a drunk 18 year old woman......and imo sound more like a single guy trying-to-get-lucky and shot-down rather than any sort of crazy criminal behavior

I fucking hate this current guilty-as-alleged bullshit when a woman calls out a guy and the guy's life is completely fuct without even stepping into court.....especially when we're talking about things that happened a decade ago?

anyway...the upside

PCs have be polling well but Brown wasn't in comparison

they need to put a qualified likeable Woman at the helm asap and they can still kick wynne's ass to the curb

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    What needs to start happening, consequences, huge consequences for the accusers when it plays out they are liars. Just a little over a week ago we were lambasted with media reports of a hate crime against a lil girl, we all know how that played out.
    This is it - haven't had time to read the reports as yet but I think they said the accusers are in the shadows - this should not be allowed (at least initially maybe) if the allegations are to have any credibility. It should be in the open and investigated. It may end up being some form of harassment that is poor judgement or sleazy on the part of the man (I've seen both) but not a chargeable offence, and may have consequences but unless the complainant is a minor, the accused should be able to face their accuser and defend themselves. Unfortunately, I think in some cases the accused just quietly walks away because there may be some truth to it and can open a can of worms if pursued further (unless you're Trump then you double down).

This is unfortunate timing given the upcoming elections but I don't think the PC party had confidence in Brown so they not unhappy seeing a change in leadership.

What are the allegations? Morning talk show (left leaning) is diescribing them has Horrable , distirbung, despicable, shocking, graphic. Ect. But not found anything that actually says what they are other than sexual misconduct.