Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  95
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Ontario PC Leader Patrick Brown resigns over sexual allegations!

Never did like the decision to pick Brown as PC leader and I thought a woman would have been the best choice to go after Orval and her Libtards so now maybe we have a chance, this party needs a woman cuz no man is going to beat that popcorn grower. This might be a blessing in disguise.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Just listening to am 640...a guy in Barrie says they knew about all of this crap.

Yeah one guy said there were rumours of him assulting women for years. Other guy responded that that was bs. He was know as a “playboy” he liked to flirt and buy women drinks and favoured younger women (in their 20’s)

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    I thought Patrick Brown's future bombshell was when he would come outta the closet as gay

seriously...am I the only one who thought that?

the most serious of the allegations I've read are 10 fucking years old and involve a single 29 year old guy and a drunk 18 year old woman......and imo sound more like a single guy trying-to-get-lucky and shot-down rather than any sort of crazy criminal behavior

I fucking hate this current guilty-as-alleged bullshit when a woman calls out a guy and the guy's life is completely fuct without even stepping into court.....especially when we're talking about things that happened a decade ago?

anyway...the upside

PCs have be polling well but Brown wasn't in comparison

they need to put a qualified likeable Woman at the helm asap and they can still kick wynne's ass to the curb
    This exactly......alot of allegations against Patrick and other guys seem like guys trying to or getting lucky and the women regret it. Not saying that some of these men arent scum and some accusations warranted, but most men out there have an experience where they made a "move" and the girl wasn't having it. Women do that to men as well.

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Not going to get dragged into the whole "don't hire women" "Oh it's so hard to not make sexual advances on co-workers" debate.

What I find disgusting is how quickly the entire PC party jumped over the rail into the freezing water. Makes me think they weren't entirely confident in Brown and this is an extremely convenient opportunity to pivot.

Once again, you completely miss my point. My point is to avoid false accusations, it's better not to deal with women. If he did it, then he deserves what he gets. Simple as that.

Whynn is doing a press conference. Brace yourselves.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    This exactly......alot of allegations against Patrick and other guys seem like guys trying to or getting lucky and the women regret it. Not saying that some of these men arent scum and some accusations warranted, but most men out there have an experience where they made a "move" and the girl wasn't having it. Women do that to men as well.
    In a random bar with a stranger that is usually not an issue unless the guy gets aggressive or doesn't take "no" for an answer. In a workplace environment (including after work parties) it's a whole different issue and the duty of care has to be elevated, especially for those in any position of "power" or perceived position of power (ie. seniority or reporting structure).

I hope it's not true about him but the old sayings usually has some truth to it: "where there's smoke there's fire" and from a former boss of mine (founder and former CEO of a mid-cap TSX traded FI/lender): "if you find one cockroach there's always more" (the ironic thing is that last year he was forced out of the company after short sellers exposed "funny business" - which I suspected over 10 years ago when I worked for him - and he and other Directors were charged by the OSC, OSFI stepped in for a short-time to prevent a collapse, and Warren Buffett lent them a couple billion dollars to keep them going and got part ownership in the process).

I'd like the accusers man-up and face him, and be prepared to face the consequences if the accusations turn out to be false.
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 01-25-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StAnger View Post
    Let this be a lesson. If you own a business, don't hire women. And if you've already got women working for you, never talk to them alone and make sure your office is under 24 hour surveillance just so there's no he said - she said bullshit.

If you're just an employee, keep contact with women as brief as possible and never talk to them alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by StAnger View Post
    Once again, you completely [read my comment literally]. My point is to avoid false accusations, it's better not to deal with women.
    So your sage advice when/if you encounter a woman in the workplace...
    -Don____________

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Whynn is doing a press conference. Brace yourselves.
    She shouldn’t be worried. She’s so ugly no one or thing would sexually harass her. Didn’t her parents have to put dog food in her pockets so the dog would play with her?

Dude, she has kids that means some guy got real drunk a couple times and took one for the team and boy did he.

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    She shouldn’t be worried. She’s so ugly no one or thing would sexually harass her. Didn’t her parents have to put dog food in her pockets so the dog would play with her?
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store