Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  95
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ontario PC Leader Patrick Brown resigns over sexual allegations!

Club Supporter
    Not a good week for the PCs - was reading about this yesterday:

Nova Scotia's Progressive Conservative leader Jamie Baillie was asked to resign his post Wednesday morning after an investigator hired by the provincial PC Party to probe "allegations of inappropriate behaviour" found he had breached workplace harassment rules.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    In a random bar with a stranger that is usually not an issue unless the guy gets aggressive or doesn't take "no" for an answer. In a workplace environment (including after work parties) it's a whole different issue and the duty of care has to be elevated, especially for those in any position of "power" or perceived position of power (ie. seniority or reporting structure).

I hope it's not true about him but the old sayings usually has some truth to it: "where there's smoke there's fire" and from a former boss of mine (founder and former CEO of a mid-cap TSX traded FI/lender): "if you find one cockroach there's always more" (the ironic thing is that last year he was forced out of the company after short sellers exposed "funny business" - which I suspected over 10 years ago when I worked for him - and he and other Directors were charged by the OSC, OSFI stepped in for a short-time to prevent a collapse, and Warren Buffett lent them a couple billion dollars to keep them going and got part ownership in the process).

I'd like the accusers man-up and face him, and be prepared to face the consequences if the accusations turn out to be false.
    Agreed!

Club Supporter
    This is from the G&M in terms of the allegations. If there is any truth to it and he invited underage women to his home or made advances of a direct report, and/or there is alcohol involved then he surely displayed very poor judgement and opened himself up for accusations of impropriety unfortunately (even if the other parts of it did not occur):

The political shakeup was caused by an exclusive report by CTV News about Mr. Brown's interactions with two young girls several years ago. The news agency reported that one girl, a high-school student in Barrie at the time of the incident, alleges that she met Mr. Brown at a local bar with a mutual friend. The future PC Leader invited her to his home and provided them with alcohol, though they were underage. During a tour of his home, he stopped in his bedroom with her and then exposed himself and asked her to perform oral sex on him, CTV News reported. She did briefly and then left.

The other woman, a former employee of Mr. Brown, alleges that she was sexually assaulted in 2013 after a charity event in Barrie. After a night of heavy drinking, she told CTV News that Mr. Brown pushed her down on his bed and forcibly kissed her.

The woman said she met Mr. Brown on a flight in 2012. Mr. Brown later tracked her down via her Facebook profile and sent her his phone number and allegedly told her to contact him if she needed to get past lineups into bars – she was also not of legal drinking age at the time.

In March 2013, the woman said Mr. Brown hired her to work in his constituency office. She alleged to CTV that after a hockey charity event that she helped organize, she attended a party with Mr. Brown and his friends. She was intoxicated and went to Mr. Brown's home with some of his friends after the bar closed.

During the evening, she said she was invited to Mr. Brown's bedroom with a friend to look at pictures. When the friend left the room, Mr. Brown and the woman were sitting on his bed. She said that without invitation, he forced her back and kissed her. She says she was unresponsive to his kisses. He then climbed on her and continued to kiss her. She told him to stop and said she had a boyfriend. He then drove her to her parent's home.

"I felt it was sexual. I could feel his erection on my legs when he was on top of me so I felt that it would have gone to sexual intercourse if I had not done anything," the woman told the news agency. "I would characterize that as a sexual assault."

CTV did not identify the women. The Globe and Mail was unable to reach the women or verify their allegations.

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    So your sage advice when/if you encounter a woman in the workplace...

Of course not. But then again you obviously haven't heard of a concept called nuance. Or even your mileage my vary.

But since you seem to revel in busting my balls, I can sum things up very simply. If you work with women, or have to deal with them choose your words wisely. Because some women are opportunistic, and will destroy you with little provocation.

Quote Originally Posted by StAnger View Post
    If you work with women, or have to deal with them choose your words wisely. Because some women are opportunistic, and will destroy you with little provocation.
    There, was that so difficult? Had this been your original argument I would have agreed with you. You should always choose your words wisely when talking to anyone. And yes, some women are opportunistic.
    I know what the word "nuance" means. "Let this be a lesson. If you own a business, don't hire women" is not it.
    -Don____________

stangstevers
    Key word "some"... most I know just want to leave the office and go home... not bother with extra BS at work either.

I knew this one though, she looked for trouble everywhere. It was ok for her to say things like "men are all pigs" and such but dare not to bow in front of her presence. As Hank Hill once said "whhat a bitch"...

Club Supporter
    Out of all the women I've worked with or led in 30 years I think there is only one who I had any issues with and would say wasn't/isn't a "nice" person. I've seen way more men in that category though.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    This is from the G&M in terms of the allegations. If there is any truth to it and he invited underage women to his home or made advances of a direct report, and/or there is alcohol involved then he surely displayed very poor judgement and opened himself up for accusations of impropriety unfortunately (even if the other parts of it did not occur):

The political shakeup was caused by an exclusive report by CTV News about Mr. Brown's interactions with two young girls several years ago. The news agency reported that one girl, a high-school student in Barrie at the time of the incident, alleges that she met Mr. Brown at a local bar with a mutual friend. The future PC Leader invited her to his home and provided them with alcohol, though they were underage. During a tour of his home, he stopped in his bedroom with her and then exposed himself and asked her to perform oral sex on him, CTV News reported. She did briefly and then left.

The other woman, a former employee of Mr. Brown, alleges that she was sexually assaulted in 2013 after a charity event in Barrie. After a night of heavy drinking, she told CTV News that Mr. Brown pushed her down on his bed and forcibly kissed her.

The woman said she met Mr. Brown on a flight in 2012. Mr. Brown later tracked her down via her Facebook profile and sent her his phone number and allegedly told her to contact him if she needed to get past lineups into bars – she was also not of legal drinking age at the time.

In March 2013, the woman said Mr. Brown hired her to work in his constituency office. She alleged to CTV that after a hockey charity event that she helped organize, she attended a party with Mr. Brown and his friends. She was intoxicated and went to Mr. Brown's home with some of his friends after the bar closed.

During the evening, she said she was invited to Mr. Brown's bedroom with a friend to look at pictures. When the friend left the room, Mr. Brown and the woman were sitting on his bed. She said that without invitation, he forced her back and kissed her. She says she was unresponsive to his kisses. He then climbed on her and continued to kiss her. She told him to stop and said she had a boyfriend. He then drove her to her parent's home.

"I felt it was sexual. I could feel his erection on my legs when he was on top of me so I felt that it would have gone to sexual intercourse if I had not done anything," the woman told the news agency. "I would characterize that as a sexual assault."

CTV did not identify the women. The Globe and Mail was unable to reach the women or verify their allegations.
    So call me crazy but were isnthe problem?

First woman he met at a bar. She willingly accepted an invite home. Willingly accepted an invite into his bedroom and willingly gave him oral sex

Second women also accepted an invite home after the bar. Also accepted an invite into his room. Didn’t refuse a kiss and when his tried to go further she said stop. AND HE DID

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE SEXUAL MISCONDUCT?

If perusing sex and stopping when being told no is sexual misconduct the my poor wife experiences it daily. Lol

When are we going to stop accepting after thought regret as sexual assault.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    So call me crazy but were isnthe problem?

First woman he met at a bar. She willingly accepted an invite home. Willingly accepted an invite into his bedroom and willingly gave him oral sex

Second women also accepted an invite home after the bar. Also accepted an invite into his room. Didn’t refuse a kiss and when his tried to go further she said stop. AND HE DID

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE SEXUAL MISCONDUCT?

If perusing sex and stopping when being told no is sexual misconduct the my poor wife experienced it daily. Lol

When are we going to stop accepting after thought regret as sexual assault.
    So let's assume the accusations are actually true - you don't see the potential for subsequent issues in either/both cases (based on the details presented above - again, assuming they are true)? Or poor judgement?

stangstevers
    I will admit that Mr.Brown does look like a perv.