Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  95
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ontario PC Leader Patrick Brown resigns over sexual allegations!

Now I can see a man hiring another man instead of a woman so he doesn't find himself out of a job and a reputation ruined cuz of accusations, be careful what you wish for ladies it just might back fire on ya all.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    So let's assume the accusations are actually true - you don't see the potential for subsequent issues in either/both cases (based on the details presented above - again, assuming they are true)? Or poor judgement?
    In both cases the women accepted the invites.
    I mean you don’t invite a girl home from the bar with the hopes of her knitting a sweater for you.

They are pushing the under age thing with the first girl but they met at a bar. How did the underage girl get into a bar and get service alcohol?
    I’ve never know anyone who used a fake I’d to get into a bar to tell everyone there they were under age.

First girl sounds like a willing participant

Second girl sounds like she went along with it. HAd second thoughts and asked him to stop.
    Key to that one is he stopped.

If you make a move and get asked to stop and don’t. That’s a problem. If you make a move and get asked to stop and you stop. That’s not rape or sexual misconduct.
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 01-25-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    In both cases the women accepted the invites.
    I mean you don’t invite a girl home from the bar with the hopes of her knitting a sweater for you.

They are pushing the under age thing with the first girl but they met at a bar. How did the underage girl get into a bar and get service alcohol?
    I’ve never know anyone who used a fake I’d to get into a bar to tell everyone there they were under age.

First girl sounds like a willing participant

Second girl sounds like she went along with it. HAd second thoughts and asked him to stop.
    Key to that one is he stopped.

If you make a move and get asked to stop and don’t. That’s a problem. If you make a move and get asked to stop and you stop. That’s not rape or sexual misconduct.
    In the first case, it doesn't matter how she got into the bar - he asked a high school student/underage girl to his home and gave her alcohol (you cannot claim ignorance either).

Second case, the woman was his employee at the time - I think any leader/manager with a brain/common sense would understand this is a no-no with a direct report/employee (or indirect - part of your team but in your reporting structure). At least as far as the description provided and assuming it's true as stated.
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 01-25-2018 at 05:08 PM.

WTF
    In the first case, it doesn't matter how she got into the bar - he asked an underage girl to his home and gave her alcohol (you cannot claim ignorance either).
    Why can't you claim ignorance?

are we all supposed to be able to guess height, weight and age with scientific accuracy?

some 18 year old girl gets all dolled up to go man-hunting at a bar playing the part of someone 5+ years older....and goes home with a single 27 year old guy after an invite

and then she decides he did something wrong 10 fucking years later because she was pretending to be quite a bit older than she really was at the time?....and he's potentially on the verge of becoming a pretty powerful guy now?

sorry...the women can't have it 10 different ways simultaneously to claim victimhood

under the exact same circumstances, Patrick Brown could be engaged to his 28 year old lawyer girlfriend cause they hit it off 10 years ago

imo...the claims that just ruined his political life are behavior of a single guy looking for a single woman...nothing more

Wynne sexually disgusts me....can I bring that up and have her thrown out?

Men really don’t have a leg to stand on anymore.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

In the first case, it doesn't matter how she got into the bar - he asked an underage girl to his home and gave her alcohol (you cannot claim ignorance either).

Second case, the woman was his employee at the time - I think any leader/manager with a brain/common sense would understand this is a no-no with a direct report/employee (or indirect - part of your team but in your reporting structure). At least as far as the description provided and assuming it's true as stated.
    I dissagree with claiming ignorance on the first one when I was younger I’ve seen girls and guys go home with people and not disclose their age. Are you 18? Is not normaly the first question you ask when you meet someone in a bar. If you invite them home and they say okay. Most people would not expect that ther person who is at the bar and drunk isn’t of age

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    I dissagree with claiming ignorance on the first one when I was younger I’ve seen girls and guys go home with people and not disclose their age. Are you 18? Is not normaly the first question you ask when you meet someone in a bar. If you invite them home and they say okay. Most people would not expect that ther person who is at the bar and drunk isn’t of age
    I guess the next part of that could be: "tell that to the judge"

True and that’s the unfortunate part becasie it’s really nothing more than a he said she said.

He loses a career either way and she has nothing to lose if the case is thrown out

Scary part of this movement of accusing every e for every thing

Many many years ago I was at a party and was hanging with a girl. We chatted had some drinks made out for a bit never once did she say no, or stop.
    After a little while (before things got clothes coming off serious) she stopped looked me right in the eye and said. I could tell everyone you raped me and there would be nothing you could do about it.
    Sweet Jesus I could not get out of there fast enough. Learned a valuable lesson but in all honestly what would stop her from showing up one day out of the blue and claiming I had?
    Would be my word against hers and everyhting I have worked for would be up in smoke.

The risk of that for everyone goes up tenfold when you become famous or hold a political position.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    Why can't you claim ignorance?

are we all supposed to be able to guess height, weight and age with scientific accuracy?

some 18 year old girl gets all dolled up to go man-hunting at a bar playing the part of someone 5+ years older....and goes home with a single 27 year old guy after an invite

and then she decides he did something wrong 10 fucking years later because she was pretending to be quite a bit older than she really was at the time?....and he's potentially on the verge of becoming a pretty powerful guy now?

sorry...the women can't have it 10 different ways simultaneously to claim victimhood

under the exact same circumstances, Patrick Brown could be engaged to his 28 year old lawyer girlfriend cause they hit it off 10 years ago

imo...the claims that just ruined his political life are behavior of a single guy looking for a single woman...nothing more
    It's possible and the first girl in the bar may likely would have been 17 or 18 which is age of consent....but still pushing the limit is she is that close to age of consent, especially in his position as a conservative politician (not sure which office he held at the time of the first alleged incident ).

It looks like he part owns a bar in Barrie - I wonder if these incidents happened there?

I don't hang around high school students/girls but I suppose some can be made to look like they're 25 years of age.

stangstevers
    All that damn MSG