Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  95
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ontario PC Leader Patrick Brown resigns over sexual allegations!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    All that damn MSG
    Growth hormones in milk and meat.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    also getting 3 squares a day. Women (and men) develop more slowly in circumstances of scarcity.

- - - Updated - - -

According to previous posts, they consented. When is consent not consent.
    Yes, they did consent - although alcohol appears to muddy the waters on the consent issue.

I would also hope he did not go around trying to sleep with his employees (consent or not) - that's just poor judgement.

At any point, these are allegations and it's unfortunate that in the current climate he doesn't have the opportunity for a proper investigation before facing consequences.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    try using the alcohol excuse next time you get pulled over for drunk driving.

from twitter

Safest countries for women, based on % of female pop. that have been a victim of serious crimes in past year

1 Australia
    2 Malta
    3 Iceland
    4 New Zealand
    5 Canada
    6 Poland
    7 Monaco
    8 Israel (nowhere else in Mideast is close)
    9 US
    10 S Korea

(New World Wealth)
    Haven't there been court cases and rulings regarding alcohol and the question of consent (although those were dealing with high levels of blood alcohol and the ability of the victim to know what they're consenting to)? This is what I was referring to.

On the other aspect - do you ask your employees for sex?

Work relation ships happen all the time.
    I met my wife on the job. I wasn’t her boss but sometime two grown ups van be grown ups and not throw rape allegations after the fact

But. Ethically is it right?

Probably not. Is it the worst then donenehicaly wrong by some on parlement? Doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by StAnger View Post
    Let this be a lesson. If you own a business, don't hire women. And if you've already got women working for you, never talk to them alone and make sure your office is under 24 hour surveillance just so there's no he said - she said bullshit.

If you're just an employee, keep contact with women as brief as possible and never talk to them alone.
    Honestly, that's a disgusting attitude. I hire people based on their indiovidual worth. I have had several female carpenters and sales people.
    On the other hand, I read an article in a magazine today at the doctor's office, wherein a woman in an executive position is suing her company for sexual discrimination and harassment: why? because her male supervisor refused to close his office door when he met with her, and always made sure a third person was there. Since she could not get a private meeting with him she felt she was being discriminated against because she was a female, and she was being harassed because he was afraid to be alone with her in case she accused him of sexual assault. Seems us poor men can't win either way.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

We will never know what really happened with Patrick Brown, but in reading the women's descriptions of what went on, I don't honestly think that there was anything untoward. One girl, after being embraced on the bed asked him to stop and drive her home. He did exactly that.
    HE apparently asked another for oral sex, and she complied, then thought better of it and stopped. IF it was so horrible, why even start?

I'm sorry.. Neither of these episodes seems to be anything other than ordinary dating behaviour exercised by young men and women for hundreds of years.
    I'm now waiting for the every girl I ever made out with or felt up 50 years ago to come forward and complain because " she felt uncomfortable," Believe me, I was a nerd in my youth (still am) and the idea of forcing my affections on someone would have been unthinkable.

Based on Wynne's and Trudeau's spoken reactions today, defending "those brave girls", Brown is most definitely guilty until proven innocent. Given that all this happened in private, without witnesses, more than 10 years ago, it's a perfect "he said she said" case and no one will ever believe Brown's protestations of innocence. Naturally Wynne will exploit the situation to its fullest.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Club Supporter
    Another one gone:

Liberals’ Kent Hehr resigns from cabinet over harassment allegations
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 01-25-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Club Supporter
    WTF?? More today - this was actually investigated by military police though versus allegations made in the other cases:

Canada’s chief military judge faces three charges

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle37737603/

There was another lady calling foul because she file a complaint with the liberal party regarding an MP and no one ever responded.

And this is a perfect example of my issue with all this. IF someone did something sexually wrong to you

Why the hell is you first calls to the media or to the governing party and not to the police?

Hate to say but IMO if you go to the police. They question your story and assume innocent untill guilt is proven

Where as if you go to the media it’s made public and no one really cares if your telling the truth, compleatly making it up or streatching events a little bit. You get instant action to the person your accusing and everyone feels sorry for you

Very scary precedent to start.

The media all day has just been ruthless to Brown with no actual evidence to support the claims just a statement that is thinly veiled at best. To the point even of criticizing his news conference last night.

Any one would have been broke like he was last night. His life as he knows it is over. No chance at premier and most likely he is done in politics regardless of the out come.

Bunch of vultures in the damn media

At the end of the day it was his own party who exposed him first and then the libtards finished it off cuz the story was going to come out one day any ways so they made sure to clean the mess before it happened. Now at least they can choose a leader we will like and actually have a chance in winning cuz let's face it who thought Brown was really going to win against Redenbacher.

Bring in Caroline Mulroney since she's got the name recognition it worked for that idiot in Ottawa or have Andrea crosses the floor and become a PC she would finally get her win beacsue she will never get it working for the NDP just ask Bob why.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store