Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shannonville pay per lap?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    stangstevers

Shannonville pay per lap?

Seems like a good way to learn, no one to run into... now I’m hoping ZR or Red is brave enough to coach me on a few laps? I’ve only done ice racing in Quebec over 20 years ago lol

No but seriously that seems cool 6 bucks a lap?

One of the best places to get your feet wet, spring track day at TMP. Given we divided as per experience level, no pressure.

stangstevers
    Interesting... so no one tries to drive beyond their limit and cause a 20 car pile-up at the track? That's what I'm scared of, that and of course me going too slow, not really having a good line and annoying everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Interesting... so no one tries to drive beyond their limit and cause a 20 car pile-up at the track? That's what I'm scared of, that and of course me going too slow, not really having a good line and annoying everyone...
    I'll second ZR's comment. Track days at TMP are the perfect place to get your feet wet. Zero pressure for track newbs.

Drivers are divided into three groups. Last yr we added no passing in the Rookie group, feedback was nothing but positive with several coming up and saying they felt it took pressure off them while they learned. Best part is, if you find a level doesn't suit, no stress to move up or down. The day is about making it fun for everyone regardless of their experience level.

stangstevers
    Sweet... I'd still like an experienced driver show me the ropes. I'm not into driving beyond my skills or what my car can do... I'm too old for that and don't want to hit a wall with my fox... Or cause trouble for other people.

But do want to get into this... I mean, my plan for the fox is pretty much the MM catalogue and eventually Cobra IRS... Make it a sweet handling little thing and enjoy it off the stupid streets.

Sweet... I'd still like an experienced driver show me the ropes. I'm not into driving beyond my skills or what my car can do... I'm too old for that and don't want to hit a wall with my fox... Or cause trouble for other people.

But do want to get into this... I mean, my plan for the fox is pretty much the MM catalogue and eventually Cobra IRS... Make it a sweet handling little thing and enjoy it off the stupid streets.
    This is pretty much how I approach track day. Not looking to set lap records, just out there to have fun and be safe. I'll ride with you if you like.

Same for me. I'd like to start at TMP this spring.

I was lucky enough to win an Audi Sport Experience this year in June at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports) driving an Audi R8 for the entire day. Features classroom sessions with Pro drivers, laps with them and then on your own.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Gets even better at TMP, only wall is at the last corner. What I suggest to new guys, at first, don't try to hold any kind of speed through the last corner, treat it as a rest / reset before starting your next lap.

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Gets even better at TMP, only wall is at the last corner. What I suggest to new guys, at first, don't try to hold any kind of speed through the last corner, treat it as a rest / reset before starting your next lap.
    Where as I try to get sidewayz thru that one because I know there are a lot of people taking pics at that wall and it makes for a great shot!

(Dear Karma, I don't actually try and get sideways near the concrete wall, I just wanted to sound like I was cool. Further, I have no desire for you to pay me a visit)