Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  31
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shannonville pay per lap?

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    As Rick and Stephen mentioned, the DaSilva track days are a great low pressure environment. Controlled passing, a couple of run groups, and lots of experienced people around to offer suggestions and / or ride along to give real-time pointers. I've done some coaching and am always glad to jump in the right seat to assist anyone who is looking for assistance.
    Take Ed up on his offer. Extremely knowledgeable and great instructor. Learn from the best.

Also, at the TMP track day: jump in the right seat of a few rides to get yourself used to it, it will make you feel more comfortable and learn some of the ins and outs of the track. Plenty of people at track day willing to help.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Take Ed up on his offer. Extremely knowledgeable and great instructor. Learn from the best.

Also, at the TMP track day: jump in the right seat of a few rides to get yourself used to it, it will make you feel more comfortable and learn some of the ins and outs of the track. Plenty of people at track day willing to help.
    That's how I did it. I rode shotgun with these guys (no particular order) RedSN, Not4you, 1BAD92LX & tulowd. I learned a lot. I also got to be in some awesome rides: SN95, Mach 1, a sticky fox and a Frankenstein beast.

Just ask and they can sit shotgun with you too
    Joel,

x100 on the DaSilva TMP days... I learned quite a bit from riding shotgun with ZR/Not4you.

The last corner can be a bit intimidating to the rookies.. I had some bad tires/stock brakes at the time and just took it easy for the most part. I remember seeing some pics of the last corner with a bunch of hay stacked against the wall. Dunno if that's something that is requested by whoever is booking the track.. looks like a nice security blanket for the noobies. Looking forward to a experienced driver taking my car for a lap or two.. see what the old girl can really do. Any takers? Rick? Matt?
    '88 LX

Happy to give pointers when asked but sorry not looking to pilot anyone's car.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Happy to give pointers when asked but sorry not looking to pilot anyone's car.
    I get it... the fox just puts down way to much jam for a guy like yourself.

'88 LX

Ask RAT ATK, he's usually willing to flat-spot someone else tires
    -Don____________

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Gets even better at TMP, only wall is at the last corner. What I suggest to new guys, at first, don't try to hold any kind of speed through the last corner, treat it as a rest / reset before starting your next lap.
    Where as I try to get sidewayz thru that one because I know there are a lot of people taking pics at that wall and it makes for a great shot!

(Dear Karma, I don't actually try and get sideways near the concrete wall, I just wanted to sound like I was cool. Further, I have no desire for you to pay me a visit)

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    x100 on the DaSilva TMP days... I learned quite a bit from riding shotgun with ZR/Not4you.

The last corner can be a bit intimidating to the rookies.. I had some bad tires/stock brakes at the time and just took it easy for the most part. I remember seeing some pics of the last corner with a bunch of hay stacked against the wall. Dunno if that's something that is requested by whoever is booking the track.. looks like a nice security blanket for the noobies. Looking forward to a experienced driver taking my car for a lap or two.. see what the old girl can really do. Any takers? Rick? Matt?
    If I'm there at the next one I'd be happy to give it a go, would not drive it at 100% though ... always want to leave a little wiggle room when driving someone else's car in case of fluid on the track surface, mechanical issue, brain cramp, etc.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    I get it... the fox just puts down way to much jam for a guy like yourself.

You got me dead to right, I'll stick to my old buggy n do the best I can.

stangstevers
    I think I'm sold... hope I don't chicken out LOL