Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  31
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shannonville pay per lap?

Even if you don't bring your car out, come for the day and bring a helmet. You'll be sold.
    -Don____________

stangstevers
    I need a helmet? Well I guess I could use one regardless... for normal things like cooking and such. You never know when a 2x4 will hit ya. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    ...I guess I could use one regardless... for normal things like cooking and such.
    -Don____________

Although I don’t recommend it, I did 3 laps on the roof of ZR’s Cobra because he wouldnt let me in the passenger seat....although fun, my fingers hurt at the end....

JUST SEND IT!!!!
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

I think I'm sold... hope I don't chicken out LOL
    You'll be fine man.. just come out!

Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    Although I don’t recommend it, I did 3 laps on the roof of ZR’s Cobra because he wouldnt let me in the passenger seat....although fun, my fingers hurt at the end....

JUST SEND IT!!!!
    But did you wear a helmet?
    '88 LX

stangstevers
    Don’t laugh but what are the rules for helmets here for slow cars?

Edit... Snell full face since I don’t have airbags

If you're buying a helmet, get a full face regardless (much stronger overall than an open face) and make sure that it has the Snell SA automotive rating. Car helmets differ from bike helmets, mainly in the liner material (fire retardant for automotive).

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Mustang Occasionally
    Don’t laugh but what are the rules for helmets here for slow cars?

Edit... Snell full face since I don’t have airbags
    Full or half, but most guys seem to use the full.

Sweet... I'd still like an experienced driver show me the ropes. I'm not into driving beyond my skills or what my car can do... I'm too old for that and don't want to hit a wall with my fox... Or cause trouble for other people.

But do want to get into this... I mean, my plan for the fox is pretty much the MM catalogue and eventually Cobra IRS... Make it a sweet handling little thing and enjoy it off the stupid streets.
    Same for me. I'd like to start at TMP this spring.

I was lucky enough to win an Audi Sport Experience this year in June at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports) driving an Audi R8 for the entire day. Features classroom sessions with Pro drivers, laps with them and then on your own.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Agree with pretty much what everyone has said... TMP nice place to get your feet wet.

I ended up going to DaSilva's TMP fall track day for the very first time last year. Awesome time , great folks ( answered any questions I had even ones I thought were " dumb" lol.
    I didn't want to slow people down ( my car is slow ) and I think I managed not to piss anyone off.
    If it got too crowded or bunched up just pull off and wait for them to pass then go back out, through out the day when others are coming off and resting there were times I even had the track to myself.
    Definitely saving some vacation or sick time this year, and hoping to sign up for Hanson as well.

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver