Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fix or find a donor?

Fix or find a donor?

I have a body guy that will help me fix this...or i can try to find a shell to swap my parts into. What would you do?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

fix
    GHIG

Quote Originally Posted by Bksrt8 View Post
    I have a body guy that will help me fix this...or i can try to find a shell to swap my parts into. What would you do?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    Depends how the front frame rails/shock towers etc look. If the floors have holes that large I would be concerned about the rest of the chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55 HD
    I like to see cars saved, although I do say this car will need hrs of labour so I hope your said friend is in it for the long haul and won't let you down half way into it, as his interest changes along with his and your schedule might.

Start looking for a good body

Off my meds again
    If you have the time and money, I'd say fix it.

The shock towers are actually good. As is the firewall. If i did the floors id have brand new torque boxes. Probably do the rockers if need be i guess. On the positive side, the seat support is in good shape.

Get er done, it'll be good.

Honestly it really depends on the car and what it means to him. If the car has some sentimental value then it can change things but if it is something common like a no option 88 lx hatch (which it looks to be based on the dash and OEM deep red paint)...then I say get a donor car. Don’t want to upset anyone here but it would just be cheaper to find a better shell from the southern states or bc and build from there or else you will have a 20k+ stockist fox body which doesn’t make sense.

If the car was something more desirable (I.e 93 fox, 84 gt350, even 7-up....then try to save).
    FABMAN

Its nothing special and i wasnt going to restore back to original i was going to build a 10 second or less street car. No carpet or headliner or door panels etc. Its a power mirror manual window and iirc it was a 4 banger car

Nothing makes sense in this hobby?!? Do what makes sense to you and what makes you happy...