Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mortgage renewal time!

03svt

Mortgage renewal time!

Mortgage is up in May, Td called yesterday to remind me and shoot me the first offer.

I feel best with locked in, just peace of mind to help me sleep at night.

Was offered 3.49 for 5yrs, the woman at TD mentioned if I find a better rate they will beat it.

Anyone else shopping around right now?

Just finished renewing mine a few months ago. Stayed with the same credit union, because rate was good and changing financial institutions is a PITA! Legal fees etc.
    Had to have appraisal done, but was painless and came out higher than I expected.

Rate was 3.1 for 5 year term.

Might want to shop to see if you can trim that rate...although there is upward pressure on the interest rates right now.

Club Supporter
    I have to get on this as well - got my renewal letter/offer (one of the Big 6 banks) a little while back and haven't done much on it yet and the clock is ticking. The offer ranged from 2-year @ 3.09% to 5-year @ 3.44% for Fixed Closed, and a 5-year @ 2.9% for Variable. The rates are supposed to include a "Loyalty Discount" but I haven't contacted them to try and negotiate as yet.

My options are limited though as I need to have US banking available as well. I think that's limited to RBC, BMO (maybe), and TD for cross-border stuff.
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 02-07-2018 at 05:21 PM.

WTF
    last week I was yakking with a young 30 year old at my office building who just closed on a place in north Oshawa

first time buyer with his wife

525k for a 1950s 1.5 storey on a 50ft lot fyi

he mentioned he was all about sleeping at night with a fixed rate and said he got 2.9% for 5 years

so shop that rate you got quoted

I just got 3.14% fixed for 5 years from TD.

01CobraVert
    try mortgage brokers will likely beat major banks and money still comes from bank
    also get rates from other banks
    banks will often offer a better rate to take business away from an existing bank, then go back to original bank and ask for .1% less than best offer
    the bank mortgage people that travel around selling mortgages have better rates and conditions than the branch staff
    if you get a very bank rep they will help move your deal to another rep to save you money

03svt
    Great info guys.. I’ll post what I can come up with, sucks going from the 2.59 that I’ve had for the last 5!

Superseven
    Maybe try RMG. They offered 2.90 fixed for 5. I was a returning customer but seemed to be their standard rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your in good financial shape, have decent equity in your home, push em hard. If bank 1 won't play ball, move onto someone that will. My last term is up this year, took threatening to put balance of my mort on a credit card then shop on their dime for 30 days to get rate I wanted. Don't be afraid to offer up what your willing to pay.

Performance Redefined OneQwkStang's Avatar
    2.121 to 3.26 =(