Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mortgage renewal time!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03svt View Post
    Ended up staying with TD fixed 5yr 3.34%

Unfortunately I was to busy to really search around to see what I could get.
    You're probably not that far off at this point in time - the person from TD was indicating that she heard internally there might be a rate increase announced by TD by month end (that it would be good to at least get a pre-approval at the rate she gave me even if I don't follow through. I'm not sure how they are commissioned if on pre-approvals or signed/closed applications as to whether her motivations are above board).

01CobraVert
    Quote Originally Posted by 03svt View Post
    I spoke with rep from TD yesterday and doesn’t think getting 2.94 will be an issue, we shall see Monday.

We have around 600k in equity in our place with around 360k owing, in a good position to get what’s “reasonable” I think.
    check out the smith maneuver if you have other equities will save your tax rate on the mortgage especially if renewing

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by 01CobraVert View Post
    check out the smith maneuver if you have other equities will save your tax rate on the mortgage especially if renewing
    Just reading up on it now, interesting idea.

Club Supporter
    Do you lose the cap gain exemption on primary residence when doing this?

That doesn't work in such a low interest rate environment. If it did absolutely everyone would be doing it.