Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mortgage renewal time!

Quote Originally Posted by OneQwkStang View Post
    2.121 to 3.26 =(
    What a difference a few months can make. I renewed in August and went from 3.19 down to 2.45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just renewed ours few months back with CIBC for 5 year fixed at 2.74%, 2 previous were with TD and said they could not match so we changed everything and was pretty painless

Friend of mine just did a 5 yr with scotia for 3.1. Rates really went up within the last 4 months.
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Mike, if you're self-employed you might not get the 2.75 or 2.90 that's going around right now, but you won't be far off that.

Remember, the rates you get are based on your overall financial picture too, and are risk rated, so sometimes contractors and others that work for cash have to put up with a slightly higher rate because on paper, they are not showing all the income.

Be glad your not American right now, my cousin bought a bigger place for 400K and best rate was 4.375 and he's self employed, had to take 4.5.

Mine is up next year not sure where things will be then.

03svt
    I spoke with rep from TD yesterday and doesn’t think getting 2.94 will be an issue, we shall see Monday.

We have around 600k in equity in our place with around 360k owing, in a good position to get what’s “reasonable” I think.

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Mike, if you're self-employed you might not get the 2.75 or 2.90 that's going around right now, but you won't be far off that.

Remember, the rates you get are based on your overall financial picture too, and are risk rated, so sometimes contractors and others that work for cash have to put up with a slightly higher rate because on paper, they are not showing all the income.

Be glad your not American right now, my cousin bought a bigger place for 400K and best rate was 4.375 and he's self employed, had to take 4.5.

Ugh, 4.5.. wonder how long until it’s that high here!

hope all Is well Corey

Anything below 5 is great. Below 3 is unbelievable.
    Different times we live in.
    -Don____________

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03svt View Post
    I spoke with rep from TD yesterday and doesn’t think getting 2.94 will be an issue, we shall see Monday.

We have around 600k in equity in our place with around 360k owing, in a good position to get what’s “reasonable” I think.
    How did you make out? Spoke to someone from TD today (not my bank) and they were quoting 3.29 for 4 or 5 years. Got an email from BMO last week for 3.29 for 5 years (don't have a mortgage with them so was somewhat unsolicited).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post

That's me. They f**k you left right and centre. You wouldn't believe my story.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

03svt
    Ended up staying with TD fixed 5yr 3.34%

Unfortunately I was to busy to really search around to see what I could get.