Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long shot: anyone have or know where to rent a 21-gauge (brad) nail gun?

Club Supporter

Long shot: anyone have or know where to rent a 21-gauge (brad) nail gun?

Long shot: anyone have a 21-gauge (brad) nail gun (or know where to rent)?

Electric gun preferred.

Home Depot doesn't have them for sale or rent (at least the store near me).

Most Lowe’s have a rental place in them now. Any of them around you?

Depending on how much you have to do. Check out King Canada Tools see if there is a dealer near you they have a lot of tools for decent price. Not quite contractor grade stuff but anything I’ve gotten from them is better than the Rioby crap but for pretty much the same price.

Got a few things that i was gonna rent but the price was too good not to buy and just have it when I needed it again.

I have and regularly use both a 16gauge brad gun and a 23 gauge pin nailer. What are you trying to do? You are more than welcome to borrow either but they are pneumatic

Also have a brad nailer and a 1 gal compressor. Willing to rent out for beer and/or wine.
    -Don____________

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Also have a brad nailer and a 1 gal compressor. Willing to rent out for beer and/or wine.
    Thanks! Not sure if I have any wine - will have to check ;-)

See below for what I'm using the brad nails for.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Most Lowe’s have a rental place in them now. Any of them around you?

Depending on how much you have to do. Check out King Canada Tools see if there is a dealer near you they have a lot of tools for decent price. Not quite contractor grade stuff but anything I’ve gotten from them is better than the Rioby crap but for pretty much the same price.

Got a few things that i was gonna rent but the price was too good not to buy and just have it when I needed it again.
    Thanks - didn't think of Lowes. Checked Home Depot and they don't have this particular size but will check Lowes.

I need one to complete assembly of the wooden wine rack and it calls for 21 gauge brad nails and compressor or electric gun set to 80 psi (to avoid splitting the wood) - haven't really thought I needed one before.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    I have and regularly use both a 16gauge brad gun and a 23 gauge pin nailer. What are you trying to do? You are more than welcome to borrow either but they are pneumatic
    Thanks! The assembly of this wine rack calls for 21 gauge brad nails to secure the small cross pieces (including top/bottom to the uprights at each joint (air set to 80 psi to avoid splitting the small brackets/pieces of mahogany). I'm going to call the manufacturer of the rack kit tomorrow to see if it's better to go up or down in size for this application.

Attachment 11721

Hopefully someone close by has one you can borrow I’d lend you one of mine but it’s a bit of a drive. Lol

Just checked, the nailer I have takes 18 gauge. Wish I could help.

Club Supporter
    Thanks for all the generous offers for a nail gun/compressor loan - I really appreciate it. I checked back with the manufacturer and they said 18-gauge would work (which many of you have), and it turns out my BIL picked one up before Christmas when he was doing some kitchen renos so he brought that over with his compressor. Here was my Sunday project - I have a couple small pieces to add still but it's just about done. Now to finish the walls in this small room.

27972536_10156214943319923_4074197512304497521_n.jpg