Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HD Speed and HD Poxy

Laffs i have some at my house you can try out.. works great man.

Wish I had seen this a bit earlier.
    Some feedback on HD Speed and Poxy combo.

HD Speed is a solid AIO (All in one) product that offers a good amount of cut and leaves behind a little bit of protection.
    Topping Speed with Poxy allows you to significantly extend that protection too (added months of protection)
    Now I'm not the biggest fan of application with concerning Poxy. I actually returned the bottle.

Since I'm detailing in volume I needed something that was a bit more user friendly. I found Poxy to be quite thick and also to be quite the task to buff off.

Now my comparison may not be relevant to you because I've been spoiled by sealants like Menzerna Powerlock, Ultima Paint Guard Plus and Optimum Optiseal which I find give you the same end results with less time and effort to remove the product.

I think you'll be quite happy with the results.

Would you recommend mixing (topping) the Speed AIO with one of the sealants you mentioned?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Would you recommend mixing (topping) the Speed AIO with one of the sealants you mentioned?
    I like to keep it "all in the family" meaning, keeping sealants, waxes, polishes within the same brand.
    Now it may not mean so much with compounding and polishing but in my personal professional opinion I have found that products just seem to work better, last longer and live up to manufacturers claims when kept within the same brand.

I've used HD Speed with Poxy, I've used HD Speed with Powerlock and got the same, good old results I was used to.
    But if you intend on applying sealant, waxing or Ceramic Coating the vehicle after a polish I don't suggest using an AIO. Something comparable would be a finishing polish. 3D AAT 502 for example, no fillers, no waxes or sealants. 502 followed by an IPA wipe down + wax and sealant will yield some amazing results.

I just want to correct or minimize the minor defects (dealer swirls, love marks) on my new truck and protect it, without spending 4 days behind the machine correcting and applying products.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    I just want to correct or minimize the minor defects (dealer swirls, love marks) on my new truck and protect it, without spending 4 days behind the machine correcting and applying products.
    As long as they are minor and very light scratches AKA DISO (Dealer installed swirl option) I think you'll be fine. If you have purchased HD Speed already and Poxy then you might as well use it, it still is a good combo but I've found durability to be good for maybe 3 or 4 months on a daily driven, parked outside vehicle.

If you're starting fresh and looking for product recommendations I don't think you can go wrong with polishing with the Menzerna SF line and then sealing with Menzerna Powerlock. Looking for extra protection? Top Powerlock with Colorlock and you'll be good for a while.

Steps:
    Wash -> Clay -> Iron X -> Wash -> Tape up -> Polish -> IPA Wipedown (Remove polish oils, silicones, etc) -> Menzerna Powerlock -> Menzerna Colorlock

If you want to be carefree for a few years in terms of finish, maintenance and protection go with a Ceramic Coating. On my 17' Explorer Sport I have it Ceramic Coated with Feynlabs Ceramic which is a 3 Year Coating. On my 17 Corvette Grand Sport I have it Ceramic Coated with Feynlabs Ceramic Plus which is a 5 Year Coating.

I'd love to do a coating but the cost of entry is a bit steep at this time. Thanks for the reco, I've used Menzerna on the Mustang before, will have to investigate more as I'm not ordering until its warm enough out to warrant doing.