Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Distracted' Driving

'Distracted' Driving

https://www.narcity.com/life/the-rcm...-while-driving

"But distracted driving is more than just using your cell phone while behind the wheel — according to the official RCMP website, distracted driving is anything that can lead to a driver’s impaired judgement while on the road, including:

Talking on a cellphoneTextingReading (books, maps, newspapers)SmokingPersonal groomingAdjusting the radio/CD or playing extremely loud musicTalking to passengers while fatiguedEating and driving

On the issue of eating and drinking while driving, the RCMP said that “it's best to avoid eating and drinking while driving” and recommends that “if you need to take a drink, wait until you are stopped at a red light.”"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Is it just me or is it really messed up looking at this picture. The "York Mills" sign is the only thing that they mirrored back.

The letters on the front of an emergency vehicle are mirrored so when you look In The mirror you can read it when they are behind you.

Unless this cruser spends most of its time driving backward down the road. Somone should be fired
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 03-07-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    https://www.narcity.com/life/the-rcm...-while-driving

"But distracted driving is more than just using your cell phone while behind the wheel — according to the official RCMP website, distracted driving is anything that can lead to a driver’s impaired judgement while on the road, including:

Talking on a cellphoneTextingReading (books, maps, newspapers)SmokingPersonal groomingAdjusting the radio/CD or playing extremely loud musicTalking to passengers while fatiguedEating and driving

On the issue of eating and drinking while driving, the RCMP said that “it's best to avoid eating and drinking while driving” and recommends that “if you need to take a drink, wait until you are stopped at a red light.”"

Am I the only one nervous about this??
    Need some extra revenue this month? Oh that guy just took a sip from his coffee. That’s a $400 fine please.

Also wasnt there talk at some point of just out right licence suspension for distracted driving.

So now you change the radio station and risk losing your licence?

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Am I the only one nervous about this??
    Need some extra revenue this month? Oh that guy just took a sip from his coffee. That’s a $400 fine please.

Also wasnt there talk at some point of just out right licence suspension for distracted driving.

So now you change the radio station and risk losing your licence?
    You're not the only one nervous about this. It's all about revenue these days

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Is it just me or is it really messed up looking at this picture. The "York Mills" sign is the only thing that they mirrored back.
    Even the telephone number on top of the building is backwards, but not the York Mills sign???????

And if it was taken through the rear window or in a mirror...the driver taking the picture is going the wrong way!

The photo is very distracting to the main story.
    -Don____________

Somehow I don't think you exit right through the median for York Mills on the DVP.....

I guess if you were chowing down on a Big mac and you were all over the road trying to avoid mayo dripping on your shirt, might be grounds for a distracted driving ticket.

That's the way I feel about it too.

Like the law they introduced last year - waiting for pedestrians to exit the cross walk before turning the corner.
    In practice, nobody does it. But if you do something stupid, they have a way to get you.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Adjusting the radio/CD or playing extremely loud music Talking to passengers
    This is the shit that concerns me. Too much ambiguity and openness for roadside interpretation like every new law seems to be these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate