Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timing help

I was told to pull all the plugs, squirt a little oil in each cylinder and then crank the motor over by hand for a few rotations to coat the cylinder walls. I second guessed it too but i dont want the rings to score the cylinder walls because they arent lubricated properly. If its gonna make life difficult then i wont do it lol

If all ran good before sitting for a bit why do you thing the timing is off.

I thought the timing was out when it was running. I just noticed that it wouldnt idle unless the distributor was turned WAY advanced. Timing is/should be fine...i think ive got different problems.

So have you figured it out yet,just curious.

The plugs are fouled badly. Its been running rich for some time id say and its got shitty ngk plugs. Im gonna swap in some autolites and go from there. Havent had a chance to do anything lately but im fairly confident that changing the plugs will get it running again and then i can get my timing dialed in. I should just do a complete tuneup i suppose but my money is required elsewhere for the time being.

sounds like you got a plan keep us posted

Yea im just slowly plugging away at it. Theres a ton of fuel in the oil right now so thats gotta go. Then plugs...slowly working away at the body....got the dech bumper fiberglassed and fixed the couple cracks. Itll get done eventually...im in the midst of changing jobs and my gf of 14 years and i are separating so im looking for a new place....mustangs kinda on back burner at the moment and ive even thought about selling it but i just cant bring myself to do it lol Itll get done in good time. I want it to be perfect so im not rushing.